Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mae West

flynnfan52

I was watching PBS the other night. And there was a special about Mae West done a few years ago. I was busy doing something when I heard this familiar voice. I looked up and saw this handsome young man talking about Mae. Turns out it was Robert Osbourne. As always he had so much knowledge of the star.

But it got me thinking that as long as I've watched TCM I haven't seen a picture with her. And I was wondering if you people who have lots of pictures have any pictures of her.

TCM to my knowledge has aired at least three:

She Done Him Wrong 1932 airs with some regularity.

I'm No Angel 1933 has been shown at least once.

The Heat's On 1943 has also been shown once to my knowledge.

I love Mae West and hope TCM will get around to showing more of her work. The three listed above are the only ones I have in my personal collection (thanks TCM). I'm particularly interested in seeing "Night after Night" and "Belle of the Nineties". After "I'm No Angel" the enforcement of the code began to take some of the edge out of her films. It's been along time since I've seen "My Little Chickadee" 1940 her famous collaboration with W.C. Fields I think the old AMC used to air that one.

Universal Studios** has announced an April 22nd release date for for it's next wave of Universal Cinema Classics promoted as Screwball Comedies.

One of the new release is:

She Done Him Wrong W./Mae West & Cary Grant(1933)

BONUS FEATURES:

Exclusive Introduction by Turner Classic Movies Host and Film Historian Robert Osborne

Bonus Cartoon "She Done Him Right

I think this is about all of Mae West?s old films:

The Heat's On (1943) .... Fay Lawrence

... aka Tropicana (UK)

My Little Chickadee (1940) .... Flower Belle Lee

Every Day's a Holiday (1937) .... Peaches O'Day

Go West Young Man (1936) .... Mavis Arden

Klondike Annie (1936) .... The Frisco Doll/Rose Carlton/Sister Annie Alden

Goin' to Town (1935) .... Cleo Borden

Belle of the Nineties (1934) .... Ruby Carter

I'm No Angel (1933) .... Tira

She Done Him Wrong (1933) .... Lady Lou

Night After Night (1932) .... Maudie Triplett

Back in the 1970s a theater in San Francisco showed most of these films, so there were very good 35 mm prints available of the films they did show. Every one of these films has IMDB reviews about them, so apparently they are still available for viewing somewhere.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings