Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
JOEGRIFFIN

ZABRISKIE POINT

Just wondering why my personal guilty pleasure from the early 1970s, ZABRISKIE POINT, was removed from the March schedule ............and replaced with ALICE'S RESTAURANT. Although critically savaged, ZABRISKIE POINT has a great deal to offer......in a psychedelic, anarchist manner via Michelangelo Antonioni.

I had pushed back a trip solely to see ZABRISKIE POINT in the early morning of March 18th. Any chance for a re-scheduling? Any explanation would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Joe Griffin

Alice's Restaurant is one of the worst movies I have ever seen. Retro-Plex use to play it all the time. Now I know why they stopped, cuz TCM has the rights for it now.

But really Arlo Guthrie is so annoying and so are his friends. I mean I am a freak, but they are freaks!!! I hate this movie so much. I could make fun of it all day, but I got bigger fish to fry!

ALICE'S was a pretty lame film on first release but it has elements of importance that keep it out of my worst-ever films. But if you asked, I've only voluntarily seen it one other time since it's theatrical release, and avoided it all other times.

ZABRIESKIE had some of the hype that made it seem more important but I also recall it was interesting enough, although decades later, seeing folks race their car to a plunging end got a lot more attention.

Of course, so has DEATH RACE 2000. "Getting attention" isn't all that it's cracked up to be, eh, Brit?

What important elements do you think are in Alice's Restaurant? It is interesting that those things keep it off of your worst ever film list. I am very interested in what you have gotten out of it, maybe your right, maybe there are some important elements in that movie. For a stinker to be made like that, there must be some reasons.

-

kpr

Have you seen both of these films? I saw them when they originally opened in theaters, but I found both of them to be tremendously boring. Looked to me like they were made to get kids and teenagers into the theaters by having ?hippies? in them . I don?t remember much of anything about either of them. I know one had some scenes of Arlo Guthrie singing, and the other had some scenes of hippies in the California desert. On the other hand, Easy Rider and The President?s Analyst were quite interesting for that era.