Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Please help with the title of a movie

donjon333

Last year, I saw a black and white movie on TCM made during the '40s, about a man who came back from the war, I think, with amnesia, and didn't remember his wife or his home or even who he was. His wife found him and kept checking on him, and slowly he remembered small details about himself starting with his brand of cigarettes. He wandered around the city and finally remembered where his house was, his wife met him there and they had a romantic reunion. I've been looking for this movie on TCM and can't find it, please help me with the title. Thanks very much.

Message was edited by: donjon333

Yes, sounds like RANDOM HARVEST, one of my favorite films to sniffle thru its ending. This one is so different from DODSWORTH, but when I'm in that mood, I tend to watch both of them within days of each other. DODSWORTH is all neglect then bitterness and hurt, and RANDOM is full of forgetfulness and taking chances, losing it all and then plops us into watching Little Miss Secretary Greer walk into Ronald's office. What's she doing here? Where's the child?

And every time I see that entry scene, I can't believe how much further it dives but how wonderful it ends. I think that's what must make me consider those two films together - "How low will it take us and how happy will it end?"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings