Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Blogs & Blogging

kennethlawson

I have Been blogging now since last fall and find it a good way to have a "Soapbox" from which to express views, Ideas, eta, I thought it would be interesting to start a thread about blogging, who reads blogs, who writes blogs and don't know what one is..

Mine is The Lawson Report

.http://kenenthlawson.blogspot.com/

HI;

I checked out your blog very nice, Lots of information.. Yo really took a lot of time and effort to get such a nice blog,, Keep up the good work..

I checked out your blog very nice, Lots of information.. Yo really took a lot of time and effort to get such a nice blog,, Keep up the good work..

Just for fun, I've been trying to blog World War II in real time for the past five years -- keeping up with magazines and newspapers week to week, and posting as time allows. Right now I'm at February 1944. My current entries are available at --

http://www.mikeblog.blogspot.com/

I've got archives going back to March 1939, but they disappeared from the page when Blogspot revamped and I've never taken time to figure out how to make them visible again.

Say all you bloggers. Have any of you checked out the "gift" TCM has given you this month? It's a "Video Jukebox" for the "31 Days..." event that bloggers can put on their site.

You can find more info (which you all will probably understand better than I) here -

http://www.tcm.com/redirects/link/?cid=193269

Kyle In Hollywood

(I also hear you can get text messages from Robert Osborne this month too. Boy, do I feel like a Luddite about now.)

Kyle I will definitely check out that jukebox. I have not subscribed to the text messages yet though. I should since I get 15,000 free messages a month!!!!!

Also I posted a great new blog about Clark Gable and Carol Lombard on my myspace page:

www.myspace.com/kimpunkrock

check it out ya'll-----

-

kpr

Hi All;

Thought I'd let you know I finely got up a new entry on my blog, Its a little different from my other stuff, More of a news reports and mentions some stories you may or may not have hers of, if not follow the links at bottom and see whats going on.. If this format works I'll try it again..

Ken

http://kenenthlawson.blogspot.com/

Thought I'd let you know I finely got up a new entry on my blog, Its a little different from my other stuff, More of a news reports and mentions some stories you may or may not have hers of, if not follow the links at bottom and see whats going on.. If this format works I'll try it again..

Ken

• 2 weeks later...

I'm not sure if anyone is interested or not, but I just started up a classic movie blog of my own (when I have one, you know anyone can have one):

http://theroadshowversion.wordpress.com/

I'm having fun with it. It's not a movie review blog--mostly my opinion on things and movie related mp3's, lists, screencaps, etc. Fun stuff since I'm kind of goofy at time. Seriously, I need a place to get things off my chest and after awhile, it gets kind of boring talking to yourself about movies.

I just posted some TCM recs, an mp3 of "Drum Boogie" and a few "rants" in the last two days. It's like having a new toy that I can't stop playing with.

I try to force myself to write 10-15 minutes a day every day, which means that I do get an entry up every day, but the thoughts aren't as well-organized as they probably should be.

I'm about to publish another entry, but right now, my most recent entry is on the 2002 documentary Spellbound, which I strongly recommend if you haven't seen it yet.

I agrees about writing every day, however, my writing is 10% inspiration and 90% presperiation, I.e. a entry of mine can take two hour to write by the time I start, restart, and speck check and tweak, and sometimes Its still never 100%, what it should be its usually mostly spelling and the like, Thats why there tend to gaps in my entry's, I shoot for once a week,, usually miss...LOL

The concept of my blog is that is is my "Soapbox" for me to express my thoughts on what interest me enough to take the time to sit down and write a lengthy entry. I try to make it funny , or at least a light opening to get into the more serious side of the topic at hand. I hope that people who read my material will find it interesting if not learn something didn't know or thought of. So in many ways I am treating this like serious journalism, If I base a entry on a article, I read somewhere, I put in a link to the original material, and any other material I feel needed, Anyways thats my theory of blogging..

Thanks for the encouragement, kenneth. I remember checking out your blog awhile ago but never bookmarking it--I especially liked the old post about the girl who didn't know Bogie!

Updating isn't that much of a problem, nor is content. When I'm not working on a GD project, I'm usually jotting down some ideas. I love to write (I almost majored in journalism) and talk about things that interest me. I used to "blog" years and years ago over on LJ and I used to update that sucker about 3 times a day (I still have an account there, but it's mostly used for reading syndicated feeds and groups). I mainly stopped publicly writing because the people on my friends list had no idea what I was talking about when it came to classic movies.

For those of you who have been in the blogging game longer than I, how do you go about promoting yourself so that people actually visit and read it? It would be a tad depressing to update and have no one read it--like that tree falling in the woods and making a sound question.

Sugarpuss,

You want to be sure that your blog is RSS compatible as that makes a difference. Also, you want the titles of your pieces to be specific enough that search engines will pick them up. An example would be:

Movie I Love (too generic)

To Kill a Mockingbird- My favorite film (better for getting hits)

Also, you want tags for each piece you write as well as that helps search engines to find you and helps others find you as well. Also, you can publicize your blog on other classic movie sites to get those readers to visit your blog and to tell their friends.

It's usually slow starting out but traffic to your site can improve very quickly and dramatically.

You can PM me if you'd like to discuss this more!

Thanks for going back and reading my rants again.. Your more then welcome to either pm or email me, I have a list of place to submit your blog, I takes some time to get anything going, Tagging is very import.. When you finish writing the entry, go over it and find as many revalavent keywords, and even phrases, you can separate with comas in the blank you have for tagging, the more tags the bette the changes it will show in the search results, Also the name is important, also if you can think of one, a tag line I named mine "The Lawson Report" because I thought it sounded good and worked, When I got looking later, I found theres a 1930's report on the SF Earthquake called the Lawson Report" So mine will also show up whenever some searches the old SF earthquake ...lol I also Have a page couter on me blog so I know when someone looks at it and can tell if they stay and read or run away...lol

Let me know, and I'll send you a link to the counter,

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings