Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Mae Clarke

mickeeteeze

She was very different in "Lady Killer" than she was in "Public Enemy." No sob siter here, clinging. Nope she's quite vivacious. How 'bout when Cagney dragged her caveman style (by the hair) and threw her out of his hotel room; then her suitcase after her. She's on her romp and says "Son of--" and we fade out. WoW!

But I must say it is MARGARET LINDSAY for me all the way. She did a couple of films with Cagney shown during his Star of the Month. Her dark hair and alto voice; there's something about her.

But back to your girl Mae...

it's sad that Mae Clarke ended up in bit parts.... like in SINGIN IN THE RAIN and others.... she was very pretty and a solid actress.... who did SHE **** off?

Who or what can explain something like this. Did she **** someone off? Did times change? Did public tastes change for those coming up behind her? This should be a lesson for those in films today...but those today don't really remember the great Mae Clarke, do they?

Why does one succeed and another fail?

lz,

Thanks for the info in Ms. Clarke. I have several German postcards from the early 1930s of Mae Clarke. She was very pretty. The first film I saw of Mae Clark was the 1933 Columbia programmer PAROLE GIRL. It's an enjoyable bit of nonsense that also has Marie Prevost in it as well.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings