Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Which "31 Days of Oscar" Movies Have You Actually Seen?

Metropolisforever

I have NOT seen most of the films on TCM's "31 Days of Oscar" list.

Here are two of the feature films that I HAVE seen:

Some Like it Hot (1959) - I didn't like it. It wasn't funny. I thought it was stupid. Awful plot, awful pacing, and awful storytelling. This movie is terrible. It's simply an excuse for Marilyn Monroe to parade around in skimpy clothing. It's not at all funny. The jokes and situations are SO predictable. The musical parts are even bad; they try to be upbeat and funny, but they fail. Those two guys couldn't act to save their lives.

Jaws (1975) - One of the worst movies I've ever seen. This film is absolutely terrible. It wasn't scary or suspenseful at all. The plot was bogus. The pacing and storytelling were terrible. Also, this movie is responsible for the slaughter of millions of innocent sharks. The huge irony about this movie is that it is humans who do far more damage to humans than sharks, and humans who do far, far more damage to sharks than sharks do to humans. Every year, humans kill about 10 million sharks, and sharks only kill about 100 humans. The 100 humans lost to sharks every year could be decreased greatly if the humans would simply not swim where sharks are. This movie is responsible for creating a very undue fear of sharks, showing them as monsters, when they are really just doing what every other species on the planet is doing: looking for food, and eating. Thanks a lot, Spielberg.

Yep, I'm a pretty harsh critic.

This is a discussion thread for TCM's "31 Days of Oscar" movies.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings