Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What Price Glory - 1927

semper39

semper39,

Raoul Walsh 1926 version of WHAT PRICE GLORY? with Victor McLaglen, Edmond Lowe, and Delores Del Rio, has not been released on official DVD.

However, I do have it on DVD-R. This is the 1931 re-issue, with a Fox-Movie score. And it retains the wonderful Erno Rapee, Lew Pollack Melody that was written for the original release "Charmaine" a number 1 hit record for Guy Lombardo and his Royal Canadians in 1927. But really the entire vintage track is superb.

The print is very good quality, much better than the Killiam shows version offered on VHS by Critics Choice. Plus my DVD-R program has a vast menu, that I designed myself with music.

Until an official version is released, and assuming that Fox retains the vintage score, your probably not going to find a better copy. I love this movie, the film really did not register with me until I saw this version. After I did, it became a fast favorite.

Contact me through the PM's, although I only have about 15% free space that is left there. I have tried to delete some older stuff, but it doesn't seem to want to go away???

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings