Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Vanessa Redgrave

bio47

My fav film of all time is Julia nominated for many Oscars including many actors/actresses. Redgrave and Robards won. I have never seen face more beautiful with the exception of Great Garbo. However, it is their talent that I love more than the face.

Julia is a true story and Redgrave not popular due to her Academy acceptance speech (which now would be seen as mild if any controversy at all): I would listen to hear read the phone book.

I flew to New York from Boston to see her on Broadway in Vita and Virgina. I 'll never forget standing at the stage door outside in February in subzeo weather just to get her autograph. I don't collect them. But I had her bio and had to have her sign it. The stage director upon leaving saw me and could not beleive I stoo outside for so long. He took me inside where I could warn my iced nose. He relayed all this to Vaness who invited me to join her in her dressing room. I THOUGHT THE FROSTBITE HAS EATEN MY BRAIN. LOL. Turns out she ususally leaves earlier after the show but that night she and a guest from Britian were recalling fond memories and I was asked if I would like to share with them "a glass of bubbly." One of my fav nights ever. How many get an experience like that with their fav actor/actress.

I am lucky. Now if only I could meet my fav actor...Peter O'Toole.

What sa you of the great Vanessa?

In the tenth grade, we took a class trip to see the movie "Camelot." There's where I saw Redgrave (even though I was totally besotted with Franco Nero) for the first time. I thought she was beautiful and sexy. I too saw "Julia" and went to see her on Broadway in "Vita & Virginia." I was happy to see her in "Atonement" and was just baffled at how she's aged, when it seems like it was just yesterday (1967) when I saw "Camelot" and I was fifteen. I think she was one of the great actresses of the modern-day along with Meryl Streep, Jodie Foster, Glenn Close and Angela Bassett (if they'd only give her a real chance).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings