Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Name the five father/daughters who won oscars.

bio47

I should have made that the subject line earlier but didn't. Sorry new here. And I have never had the gift of the economy of words. LOL.

I love this question and am always surprised that most don't get it. There is one person always named who has not won. Interesting.

I also see most people post one name. See if you can name them all or how many you can. Good luck. I'll post a list in a few days. I could not believe I was at a cinema last year and won this contest with 47 and got a years supply of tickets to the theatre for a friend and I. Once I started my brain just did not stop. LOL. peace everyone

Jon Voight (Best Actor for Coming Home (1978)) and Angelina Jolie (Best Supporting Actress for Girl, Interrupted (1999)

Henry Fonda (Best Actor for On Golden Pond (1981) and Jane Fonda (Best Actress for Klute (1971) and Coming Home (1978)

The only mother-daughter duo to have won performance Oscars are:

Judy Garland (a special juvenile award winner) for The Wizard of Oz (1939)

Liza Minnelli (as Best Actress) for Cabaret (1972)

You will see in the other post on the same topic that I had to clear up my wording. It is for competing. Minnelli is one and her father is the other. Garland was a mother. LOL. And she did not win in competition.

So we have Angelina and Voight

Minnellis

Houston

and Fondas. One more father, daughter team.

Diane Ladd and Laura Dern are the first and only mother-daughter acting pair nominated for the same film in Oscar history: both received nominations for Rambling Rose (1991).

Add to that the fact that father Bruce Dern was Oscar-nominated (Best Supporting Actor for Coming Home (1978)) - that makes them the only mother-father-daughter acting group with Oscar nominations.

what are you talking about I never hit the ignore button? Can you explain. I have been here since yesterday and have never had so many problems. I don't understand this. People have moved my postings to hot topics. I have mail that I write to much and now this. Listen if people want me to leave just say so. I don't get it. I thoght this would a much more welcoming community. I was hoping it had a place to add friends. I have filed out a profile which most have not.

And I never hit ignore. I have answered your other question on the 21 clues game and no response there since I posted. I just feel so unwelcome here. And yes it bothers me. I have so much time on my hands due to recuperating from surger and am going to be home for four months of physical therapy. I just don't get this at all.

Norbel can you tell me where you said you answered this on one of my many threads yesterday? I can't find it. I did not ignore you. And how many threads is one allowed to post. Sorry I did not obey the rules. I will leave soon. So you don't have to worry about me. Give newcomers a chance.

I can't believe how much, and I don't mean you, hate mail I have recieved for saying I am gay and Christian. I wish I had never joined. I am **** at myself as I am crying because my life is reduced to nothing from thi damned aneurysm and I have to learn to walk and talkk again. My whole life is at a standstill. I may have gone overboard with postings yesterday, but I was so glad to find a place with my intersts and to help me take my mind off of things. It is one big mistake.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings