Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So where's 7 th Heaven?

gagman66

I have been meaning to mention this for a couple weeks now. Though WINGS and SUNRISE are both very good Silent films, the latter has aired on TCM a number of times in the past. While WINGS is debuting for the very first time. So I ask, what about Frank Borzage's Masterpiece 7th HEAVEN (1927), with Janet Gaynor, and Charles Farrell?

This film won 3 Academy Awards! The movie was newly restored in 2001, the picture has been ready to be released on DVD by Fox for the past 3 years. A commentary track was even recorded. While I have nothing against F. W. Murnau's SUNRISE, I would have much rather seen TCM debut both WINGS, and SEVENTH HEAVEN, back to back.

SUNRISE could have still been shown on a different night. Along with Lewis Milestone's TWO ARABIAN KNIGHTS (1927), another of my favorites, and an Oscar Winner. A film that in fairness did run during last years 31 Day's of Oscar.

Will certainly take what we can get, but 7th HEAVEN has been sitting on the shelf for far to long. I really wish TCM would obtain the rights! In all honesty, between the 3 movies, SEVENTH HEAVEN is my favorite, and once you have seen this film you will never forget the experience!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings