Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

When the Lion Roared

lzcutter

I loved this documentary when it was first broadcast back in the 1990s. An in-depth, engrossing look at the history of MGM studios and MGM films narrated by Patrick Stewart.

I understand that this wonderful documentary that was originally produced in the 1990s has been restored and Warners Brothers is just waiting for the right time to release it on DVD.

Has anyone heard if 2008 might be the year that this wonderful documentary finally comes to DVD?

Who else remembers this awesome documentary?

Is there any chance that TCM could air it later this year?

I remember it well, and fondly. In case you're not aware, there's a companion coffee-table book that went along with this series. Very beautifully done. You may try to seek this out to hold you over while you wait to see a re-broadcast of the documentary. I'm sure it's out of print now, but surely available used somewhere.

I also enjoyed the documentary. I recorded it when TCM broadcast it a few years ago but I can't find part 2 and thats always driven me crazy. A friend of mind who works at Powell books in Portland sent me a used copy of the companion book for my birthday a while back. It's filled with wonderful photographs. It's definitely out of print but I'm not sure what it goes for used these days.

I'm glad that a DVD release is planned for the future. I'll certainly buy it.

KPR,

There is a section of the documentary being featured on the Frank Sinatra and Gene Kelly box set that is coming out later this winter.

But it is not the entire three part documentary.

TCMProgrammr,

Any chance that TCM is going to broadcast this magnificent documentary in our future?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings