Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Shortest screen performance Oscar winner in leading role.

bio47

Both are correct, except the question was for leading role. It's amazing Antony Hopkins won that, the books say 22 minutes, who knows, and he was being campagined by the studio for supp actor to which he removed his name and wanted lead. This discouraged the studio especially in ligh that the movie was released in February and a month later were the awards for the year before. How could anyone remember this movie a year from now, so they thought. And he won. It is a testament to his achievement because as he is not onscreen you still feel his presence.

I saw Straight again last night in Nework. She really holds up well over time. I think Holden should have received the award vs. Finch, but both were supber. This and only A Streetcar Name Desire are the only films to win 3 of 4 acting awards. Interesting. I look for the day when a film can take the top six honors. Wonder if it will ever happen. It should have with Streetcar. Brando was sheer perfection.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings