Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

CESAR ROMERO COMEDY?

GOTHOPE

I recall seeing a Cesar Romero film, black and white, probably the 30's or 40's. In it, he picks up a woman who is sitting in a chair, chair and all! My husband doesn't believe me, and I've been searching for this film for the last few years. I also recall seeing him in another comedy where he did some also unique/funny.

If anyone can help me out there I'd appreciate it. I won't stop until I figure this out - it's really bugging me! I did read that Cesar was also a dancer, so I know that he may have had other unique abilities, and I don't suspect what I saw was a trick of any kind.

Thank you so much for your help!

• 1 month later...

Hi - I think the movie might be Julia Misbehaves starring Greer Garson and Walter Pigeon (?)

Elizabeth Taylor plays her daughter - she was an actress/Circus Performer who left her Daughter and Aristocrat Husband because of pressure from the family and she comes back for the daughter's wedding. Cesar Romero is her self proclaimed "fiance" and he is the circus strongman - he shows up at the mansion with his mother - and of course has to show what he does.

Check it out and see if it is the movie you are looking for.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings