Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I'm lost. Can someone find me?

Madeleine2322

I've stayed up all night trying to find my last post, which had to do with my favorite film composers. I even in a separate reply wrote a P.S., which is also mssing. I'm too punchy to repeat everything (for the 3rd time).I'll be in sad shape without sleep (is is now 7:00 and I haven't been to bed) to cheer my Patriots to victory.

I don't remember the Forum or Thread, posted about 3 days ago.I hate to think that my slippery slope of sanity has finally sipped off the track and I'll soon be hauled off to The Home at Happy Dale. But then maybe Elwood and Harvey are still there, having the first of morning, afternoon and evening martinis. What fun they are!

Hope you can find me

Madeleine2322.. .

Message was edited by: Madeleine2322

I hate when that happens,,,, Check before going back to the thread.. if it not all there, click on edit that will let you go back and edit your post and drag your missing writtings down to the lower box and add them to the post. I've quite often had to do this sometimes even on short post.

As for finding your last post go to your control panal, theres list theres of all your post and your can easily find your last post..

I hate when that happens,,,, Check before going back to the thread.. if it not all there, click on edit that will let you go back and edit your post and drag your missing writtings down to the lower box and add them to the post. I've quite often had to do this sometimes even on short post.

As for finding your last post go to your control panal, theres list theres of all your post and your can easily find your last post.. It did it againg...lol

Message was edited by: kennethlawson

Madeleine2322---I've been enjoying your wonderful messages so much and hoping you'd start your own "MADELEINE" thread. Thank you for posting on these boards.

To find your posts: click on your name and you'll see the links to the last ten posts you made. At the bottom of that list you can click "search for all user messages" for the rest. As for missing parts of posts--It doesn't seem that anyone has figured out that mystery.

Madeleine2322's penultimate post (Feb.3, 2008 9:07 AM)

http://forums.tcm.com/jive/tcm/message.jspa?messageID=8046758#8046758

Message was edited by: cascabel

"As for missing parts of posts--It doesn't seem that anyone has figured out that mystery."

I didn't know that this was still "unknown". In many (most?) cases, the problem lies in having a a "space" at the very start of a line or paragraph. For whatever reason, a hit on the spacebar at the start of a line of text causes the line that follows to become "hidden" when posted. (This may also apply to hits on the "tab" key.) Removing an errant space at the begininng of the line will cause the text to appear as intended when posted.

Some folks try to indent lines of text with multiple hits on the space bar. As far as I know, there is no method of creating indentation to text in these Forums.

Hope this is helpful for those of you whose thoughts have been seemingly evaporating at random.

Kyle In Hollywood

I tend to be brief when writing here, however, in the past I have lost posts because I "timed out" while trying to compose them. Now, I make sure I "copy" my text while struggling for just the right thing to say. Otherwise, my written thoughts are "lost" also. cinemafan

(right click "select all" then "copy") ..... This may help.

You people are the best! So quick to rescue me from oblivion. Thank you all for what I'm sure will be helpful responses

Gregory, your mentioning that venerable character actor, Henry B. Walthall, took me back to his Dr. Manette in A TALE OF TWO CITIES (1935), one of my favorite films from one of my favorite authors, who is probably not widely read today because of the length of his novels in an age and society that demands instant gratification. (HBW was in at the infancy of movies by joining D.W. Griffith's group of troupers and appearing as the "Little Colonel" in BIRTH OF A NATION.) WILL HAYS and his infamous Code that kept audiences morally untainted by the removal of the marital double bed for the less seductive (or suggestive) sight of twin beds in which a married couple woluld chastely inhabit, but not cohabit..Which must have given foreign countries (especially European) much amusement. As to your second message, It's good to know that losing paragraphs is not totally due to my ineptitude.

cinemafan: I probably had time called on me as well, since I labor endlessly over the "right" word, much more so with the passing years. Maddening! Glad to have the tip about copying the text.:

hlywdkjk I'm not conscious of indenting or striking the Tab key, but age has made my fingers less agile and it wouldn't surprise me. I'll try to focus on that more. Thanks.

cascabel: Your words of praise are so heartwarming! How very nice of you. Thank you for such

good infolrmation, I've made a copy of the whole page and will be trying out the useful tips.

kennethlawson: Such needed info, thank you.. It's obvious how inept I still am at the computer and appreciate helpful information like yours (that any school child knows).

I've had on TCM the film adaptation of Henry James' WINGS OF THE DOVE with the beautiful and very talented Helena Bonham Carter, but I haven't concentrated enough to know what is going on. One of the dullest lit courses I took as an English/lit major at the Univ. of Wash. was reading all the novels of Henry James, and that was one of them. I think tonight might be the premiere showing. I'll catch it some other time.

If I missed anyone, my profuse apologies and many thanks!

THANKS SO MUCH AGAIN TO EACH AND EVERYONE OF YOU!.

Madeleine2322 .

Cascabel, I need clarification. In finding my posts, you said I should click on my name. Where do I do that? Does that include all the posts?.As you can see, I'm still in the baby steps part of learning instruction.Thanks.

Madeleine2322

P.S. I found it! Up at the top of the page.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings