Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New here. Question regarding posting.

bio47

I see someone else asking something similar. But if I post in general and then someone moves it to hot topic, I wish I could be informed. And the FAQ section gives no info on these boards. So who moves the topics, a moderator, I suppose. I am getting emails from people that are very confusing. And I have a topic that is now in two places, a) where I originated it and B) where someone moved it.

What do you people do. And are there moderators? I would assume so. I don't mind it being moved. But boy was I confused this morning.

Take care. Thanks for any advice.

Bio,

Your Oscar threads weren't moved. The ones you started yesterday in Trivia are still there.

However, Mr6 (I think it was him) thought you might get more responses if they were posted in Hot Topics as it is Oscar time and TCM is celebrating the 31 Days of Oscar.

So, he started two new threads on the same subjects in Hot Topics giving you credit for originally posting them. And folks (including me) have been responding to the Hot Topics threads.

Hope this all makes sense!

Thanks to both of you for responding. I see where the original thread is there but it has with it, the words, THE THREAD HAS BEEN MOVED. In reality it is in both places. But misworded in the new thread. I wanted to see how many guesses we would get naming winners who won an oscar playing a real person. Now we have movies being name like Out of Africa. And we even have Jessica Lange for Frances. She did not win. And none of the performers won in Out of Africa.

I can see why it is timely for hot topics, but it kind of has caused a lot of confusion when the intent by Mr6666 was to eliminate confusion. I do not blame him.

I am still confused about where to post as I don't want this to happen again.

I am new here, less than 24 hours and would like to participate but need to be able to find my questions. So I guess its up to the moderators. But in the big picture "pardon the pun" it's not big deal. I just want to have fun here to pass the time while I recupperate in this damned cold. LOL

Once you sign in you can go into your control panel, It will show you the list of threads your following, also it list all of your post your most recent are first and working down to older post and where they are, so if you don't remember where you posted hat you can look.. also your personal mailbox is there..

"I am still confused about where to post as I don't want this to happen again." - bio47

I am not one who participates in the Trivia Forum but my impression has always been that the Forum is for any sort of guessing game or brain challenges that members want to create

Because you were offering up your questions as a game for everyone (and you already knew the answers yourself), they were perfectly fine in the Trivia Forums. But it is no breach of etiquette if they appear somewhere else.

But if you are offering open-minded, opinion questions, then they are better suited for Hot Topics or General Discussions.

Either way, glad you are a new member and enjoying yourself "passing the time recuperating in the damned cold".

Kyle In Hollywood

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings