Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Ma and Pa Kettle

mikegee

Every time i see Margaret Maine ( i think i spelled her name wrong) i think of "Ma and Pa Kettle). Also when i see the movie with Cary Grant where he buys a house in the country and fixes it up i think of them too. Robert Osborne mentioned them a little while ago. i can't gt them off my mind. it would be nice if TCM would have a "Ma and Pa Kettle " day. if they would stop repeating some of these movies like "7 brides for 7 brothers" and "meet me in st. louis ". and some of the others that they repeat over and over again TCM would be able to show a day of them just like when they show cagney, grant,, gable and others for a day. if the had the movie rights...at least TCM isn't like TV Land where they show "mash" for 6 years straight. i think a comedy break like this would be nice.

it's not that they keep showing the same movie it's that they don't show more. like i could do without so many musicals but there are a few i do like and as far as buying the dvd i can't afford them i could tape them now that i know i could come here to find out when they show again. also there are movies i do like them showing repeatively that i watch. others do like watching some movies over and over again. i just wish they would show different movies. i must remember that TCM may not have the rights to show the ones they haven't shown. i just started watching TCM about 2 years or so ago. i started watching it for lack of commercials and the old movies of coaurse (spelled wrong but you know what i mean) i hope ))

>it's not that they keep showing the same movie it's that they don't show more.

Hi mikegee,

They used to not show so many movies so many times in one year. but they?ve had ?Gigi?, ?7 Brides? and ?Meet me in St. Louis? on so many times during the past five years, several times a year.

If anyone can afford the second tier of cable channels, so they can get TCM, then they can afford a $59 VHS recorder and $1 tapes that will hold at least three to 4 movies.

I used to like ?Meet Me In St. Louis?, but now I can?t stand it anymore. It makes me gag.

I?m certainly not demanding that they show Richard Dix, Warren William, Ricardo Cortez, and Warner Baxter films in prime time. But they could show them in the 1 am - 10 am time slot. That wouldn?t hurt anyone, and it would let those of us who like those films from the 1930s and ?40s to have a chance to see them and record them.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings