Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Network (1976)

Metropolisforever

I looove "Network"!! Faye Dunaway as Diana Christensen just rocks!!!

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!' I want you to get up right now, sit up, go to your windows, open them and stick your head out and yell - 'I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Things have got to change. But first, you've gotta get mad!... You've got to say, 'I'm as mad as hell, and I'm not going to take this anymore!' Then we'll figure out what to do about the depression and the inflation and the oil crisis. But first get up out of your chairs, open the window, stick your head out, and yell, and say it:

'I'M AS MAD AS HELL, AND I'M NOT GOING TO TAKE THIS ANYMORE!'

I actually got this movie on DVD for christmas and I must say that it's a powerful film. Peter Finch is amazing. The news and media has become even more powerful over the years and still controls us and tells us what we should think or not to think. I think that this movie and Ace in the Hole are the best satires on the news and media.

I agree with you that Holden is the best thing about the film. Otherwise, I wasn't as impressed by it as others here. Granted, I haven't seen it since it originally played in theaters, but at the time, it didn't compell me to want to ever see it again. I remember being very disappointed that Faye Dunaway and Beatrice Straight (for 16 lines!!!) won Oscars over Sissy Spacek and Piper Laurie, who were superb in Carrie..

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings