Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DISH NETOWRK USERS MAY LOSE TCM!

okiemoviebuff

It has just come to my attention as a Dish Network user that AOL owned stations such as TCM, TBS, Turner South, CNN, Cartoon Network and Boomerang are demanding rate increases for 2004, which Dish Network is refusing to pay. They are currently in negotiation with AOL to work out a new contract that won't raise our rates. If no contract is reached, January 1st we will lose TBS, TCM, Turner South, CNN, Boomerang, and Cartoon Network on Dish Network. Now I don't know about you, but for the exception of CNN, those are all the channels our family watches in our household. If you don't want to see these channels disappear, email the President of Dish Network at ceo@dishnetwork.com!

I don't have Dish Network; but my mom does so I called Dish Network this morning and spoke with 2 customer representatives, a supervisor and her manager about this. They both told me that there was some "problem" a few months ago, but they haven't heard anything about a current problem between AOL and Dish. Could you possibly tell me where you got this information tcmprincess79? It would really like to know so that my mom can call Dish with a little more to go on. Thanks!

I have a friend in Florida who has a "inside track" on what DISH Network is doing, and as soon as I can get something back from him, I'll share it with all of you. In the meantime, I'll phone my local DISH office today and see what they have to say, although I'm sure that I'll only get back ignorance, either feigned or legitimate. I don't have to tell anyone here where my anger level will be if I suddenly lose my TCM channel next month!

And, it's just as important to contact TCM to get a pulse on how they are reacting to this issue at this point. I want to keep appraised of how the negotiations are going, too, and the more of us who can let them know that we really care and don't want a substantial segment of the population to lose TCM viewing, the better!

Hello friends of TCM! I have phoned my local DISH satellite provider and been told that they haven't received "one single word" about this issue of losing TCM programming in January. However, the "we don't know a thing" doesn't match up with what my Florida friend discovered for me...namely relevant discussion going on in two other Forums about this same issue. If you're interested, please copy/paste and go do some reading at:

http://www.satelliteguys.us/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4294

http://www.dbstalk.com/showthread.php?t=21277

It appears to me that it would be more prudent to contact Turner than DISH Network if any of us is concerned about losing TCM if the alleged negotiations go sour.

ML

I received a reply from the Dish Network executive office, requesting me to contact them. When I called, I reached the office of the Executive Vice President. I spoke to a representative named Christina Acencio. She told me that she was contacting every customer who emailed her about the subject of losing the AOL channels on Dish Network. She assured me that Charlie Ergen, the president of Dish is still in negotiations with AOL, and they realize that those channels are among the most important in their channel lineup. They assured me that they are doing the best they can to keep those channels, and when a decision is reached, it will be posted on www.dishnetwork.com, and Charlie will also announce the decision on channel 101, the home of "Charlie Chat". I encourage anyone who is a subscriber or knows someone who is a subscriber to call Christina at 1-866-443-5162

ext 33723 between 6:00AM to 2:30PM MST and let her know you want them to do the most they can. She is very friendly and appreciates the feedback. We have to do all we can guys!