Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Heroes of War set from Mill Creek Entertainment.

kimpunkrock

I enjoy these 10 packs of films that Mill Creek has been putting out for the past 4 years or so. Many of them contain too many doubles of other public domain releases but this 2007 release called "Heroes of War" has 6 movies that are not available on DVD anywhere else, at least that I know of.

3 of the films were movies I all ready had including:

Gung Ho

One of our Aircraft is Missing

and Spitfire.

But the 7 I did not have were worth it for the price of only 7 dollars. That is a dollar per film I do not all ready have. The transfers are ok. Mostly they are good but one or two films get a little jumpy at places, but we forgive them, since all of these films are from the 40's and no one really cares enough to digitally enhance these titles. The remaining 7 titles are:

The Adventures of Tartu (1943)

British Intelligence (1940)

Flying Blind (1941)

Identity Unknown (1945)

The Last Chance (1945)

Minesweeper (1943)

The Navy Way ( 1944)

and of course the 3 titles I all ready own:

One of our Aircraft is Missing (1942)

Spitfire (1942)

Gung Ho (1943)

All in all this set is a great set to buy if you are a war film collector and esp. a B movie war time collector like myself. Look for some great blogs coming up on the B-War Films of Richard Arlen and the next movie of the day, One of Our Aircraft is Missing at:

www.classicfilmisanaddiction.blogspot.com

cheers

kim

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings