Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fav performance by a child.

bio47

In another topic Tatum O'Neal and Paper Moon have been being disucssed and I though I wonder what is the fav performance of a child by many of you.

I go with Christian Bale and have thought this ever since he made his debut in Speildberg's 'Empire of the Sun.' And thank God he has given us many roles to love and appreiciate. No wonder he is the talent he is today.

What's yours?

The two most beleivable (non precious) performances by a juvenile are: Peggy Ann Garner in A Tree Grows In Brooklyn, and Henry Thomas in E.T. Both were authentic, totally realistic and absolutely charming.

Interesting that you chose Christian Bale. I was less than impressed with Empire Of The Sun, and primarily because of Bale's lack of charisma (I agree that he's certainly become an excellent performer, since then).

I'd also add as runners up: Scotty Beckett, Darryl Hickman and Gene Reynolds.

I loved Giorgio Cantarini, the young boy in Life is Beautiful. He was extraordinary.

And how about Thomas Sangster in Love Actually. His scenes with Liam Neeson were terrific. I loved when Liam thought the boy was depressed about his mother's death. But that had been a little while and he looked at Liam with a bewildered face and told him, that his pain was due to crush on girl in his gradeschool. Both are great movies and great performances.

"...I wonder what is the fav performance of a child by many of you."

You're just trying to make nice with 'patful', aren't you?

Kirsten (or is it Kristen?) Dunst in The Piano

Tommy Kirk in Old Yeller

Freddie Bartholomew in Captain's Courageous

Kyle In Hollywood

You're just trying to make nice with 'patful', aren't you?

That line is hysterical to me. Who is patful. I'll make nice with anyone but don't know who this is.

I'm off to bed to make nice dreams with Antonio Sabato jr. Whoops to much info. LOL. Take care all.

"Can't scalp anybody until you do a war dance first!"

-the gruff kid in the oversized hat from Monkey Business.

"I suspect she won't live through the night...she has four fatal diseases."

-morbid Margaret O'Brien about her doll in "Meet Me in St. Louis".

Favorite performance by a child?

Hands down, Mary Badham as Jean Louis "Scout" Finch in To Kill a Mockingbird"

Phillip Alford as her brother Jem and John Megna as their friend Dill Harris (based on Harper Lee's childhood friend, Truman Capote) are very good as well.

This is a little twisted but I think Patty McCormack was eerily great in

"The Bad Seed".

Of course, Roddy McDowall in "How Green Was My Valley".

Natalie Wood in "There's Always Tomorrow" and "Miracle on 34th St."

Haley Joel Osmont in "The Sixth Sense". And the twin brothers in

"The Other", Chris & Martin Udvarnoky(I know).

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings