Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

September 2021: The Inheritance, a seven-hour American gay-themed play wins four Tony Awards!

2 hours ago, rayban said:

"On-Stage", on NY1, will be covering the Olivier Awards next week.

I miss NY1. I have a different cable company (RCN) which doesn't offer NY1, which I think is only on Spectrum (formerly Time Warner).

• Thanks 1
6 hours ago, Swithin said:

I miss NY1. I have a different cable company (RCN) which doesn't offer NY1, which I think is only on Spectrum (formerly Time Warner).

That's right, it's broadcast on Saturdays and Sundays.

• 1 month later...
18 hours ago, rayban said:

"The Inheritance" will begin previews at The Ethel Barrymore Theatre on Sept. 27 and will open on Nov. 17.

The Broadway cast has not yet been announced.

I hope that at least the Americans in the cast will repeat their roles: Kyle Soller, John Benjamin Hickey, and Samuel H. Levine

TELEMMGLPICT000159015362_trans_NvBQzQNjv

Vanessa Redgrave, Samuel H. Levine

• Like 1

The English cast included -

Kyle Soller

Andrew Burnap

Samuel H. Levine

Paul Hilton

John Benjamin Hickey

Hugo Bolton

Robert Boulter

Hurbert Burton

Syrus Lowe

Michael Morris

Luke Thallon

Jack Riddleford

Michael Walters

Vanessa Redgrave

Kyle Soller and Vanessa Redgrave won Oliviers.

the-inheritance-london-production-photo-

• Like 1
  • 10 months later...
  • 1 year later...

A bit delayed, but The Inheritance has won four Tony Awards tonight (September 26, 2021): Best Play, Best Director, Best Actor (Andrew Burnap), and Best Featured Actress (Lois Smith). The venerable Ms, Smith is a veteran actor of stage and screen. Her long career included a performance as Anne in East of Eden in 1955.

15TONYS-SMITH-1-articleLarge.jpg?quality

Lois Smith in The Inheritance

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSucPFtSJFSBO9_aMFCo0m

Lois Smith, James Dean in East of Eden

• Like 2
  • Swithin changed the title to September 2021: The Inheritance, a seven-hour American gay-themed play wins four Tony Awards!
21 minutes ago, Swithin said:

A bit delayed, but The Inheritance has won four Tony Awards tonight (September 26, 2021): Best Play, Best Director, Best Actor (Andrew Burnap), and Best Featured Actress (Lois Smith). The venerable Ms, Smith is a veteran actor of stage and screen. Her long career included a performance as Anne in East of Eden in 1955.

15TONYS-SMITH-1-articleLarge.jpg?quality

Lois Smith in The Inheritance

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSucPFtSJFSBO9_aMFCo0m

Lois Smith, James Dean in East of Eden

She's now the oldest Tony recipient for an acting award.  Third time's the charm!  Well deserved, she should be better known.  Most would only recognize her from her role in Minority Report.

• Like 2
On 9/26/2021 at 10:41 PM, txfilmfan said:

She's now the oldest Tony recipient for an acting award.  Third time's the charm!  Well deserved, she should be better known.  Most would only recognize her from her role in Minority Report.

Congratulations to everyone in the production which closed too soon- maybe they will bring it back or make a film