Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

favorite performances by an actor or actress

ClassyMovieLady

There's no debating that Jack Nicholson and Dustin Hoffman are amazing actors. They have so many classic movies and roles under their belts. I know these aren't the performances they are most well known for, but I think they're amazing anyways:

I recently saw "Midnight Cowboy". It is on the AFI top 100 list (of which I have 28 movies to go), and I've heard good things about it. Everyone kept saying that it is one Jon Voight's best performances, and I agree- but my god! Dustin Hoffman MADE that movie! He portrayed his character (Ratso Rizzo) so well, and it was so heartbreakingly real, and tragic at points that it brought tears to my eyes.

Another new favorite performance was Jack Nicholson in "About Schmidt". I thought it was so quirky, and different from his well known roles in the past. I know a lot of people who either love that movie, or hate it. It was different, but I liked it very much. It was sad and funny at the same time, and I feel like Jack Nicholson's character made these two elements work so well together.

I'm glad I saw both of these movies, I have whole new admiration for these two actors!

Message was edited by: ClassyMovieLady

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings