Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

biographical movies

mikegee

i think some of the best movies are the bio movies like "Glenn Miller", "Ghandi" and "Kundun" just to name a few. to the most part i think they are on the money. prob cause they were made around the same time as when they were alive. it doesn't give them time to mix up thier life story, they are still fresh in the minds of the public. it would be nice if they would show more of them.

Message was edited by: mikegee

Some comments on biographical movies: first off "The Life of Emile Zola," is an awful mess. Of course Hollywood under the Code couldn't do justice to Zola's novel. But consider how they botch the Dreyfus affair. Here is something with great cinematic qualities: a story of good vs. evil, an insidious conspiracy, sudden and nasty twists. It's "All the President's Men" and "JFK" of the 1890s. And they do nothing with it.

"Lawrence of Arabia" is much better. MUCH better. "Ivan the Terrible" is much better too, and very weird.

Try to find the thread from last weekend on the Oscar Winners who won an award portraying a real person. That will give you some good memories. One out of every six winners has portrayed something real.

I am not sure of my fav biopic, but I loved The Miracle Worker and Schindler's List (for what it teaches us, can't sit through it again though). And I would love to know how accurate The Queen from last year is. I loved the seen of Mirren as the queen sitting on the hood of her car and looking at the doe and crying. You have to wonder. Such a private moment and I can't believe that anyone would know that except for her.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings