Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OSCAR Winner: *Warren Beatty to rec. AFI's 37th Lifetime Achievement Award

spencerl964

Hope this logs! Strangely, given I am a card-carrying AFI-(American Film Institute) member

Since 1992 Just heard of this? A lil' history on it It was established in 1967 & ACADEMY AWARD Winner: *Gregory Peck-(l9l6-2003) 6"3 according to tcm. Was it's 1st chairman Ironically, only a week or so before his death "AFI's 100yrs...100 Heroes/Villians" voted his OSCAR winning role as Atticus Finch A #1 all-time movie Hero! It's moved base camp numerous times It was at "The Greystone Mansion" & park for awhile in B. Hillls "Beverly Hills Cop" "Ghostbusters" "The Bodyguard" l992) & "Witches of Eastwick" were all filmed at "Greystone" For those traing stuff It's just above Doheny At last look-(when was there last in 05) It was located at the base/bottom of the mtn leading up to the legendary "Griffith Park & Observatory"-(theres even a Zoo up there)

Anyhow, *Mr. Beatty-(l937-) (Does anyone know what occured between his sis *Shirley MacLaine-(1934-) & him? She changed her name from "Beatty" A lil' more trivia He also lives on Mulholland Dr(which can be glimpsed in opening scenes of his terrific 1978 "Heaven Can Wait")

My picks for "Essential *Beatty"

"Bonnie and Clyde" (l967)-(NOTE: He virtually nagged Natalie Wood to be pt of this)

"Splendor in the Grass" (l96l) (It's her definitive role-(Natasha), but his debut)

"Reds" (l98l) (His sole OSCAR for Best Director)-(l2 nominations!)

"McCabe & Mrs Miller" (l97l) (*Julie Christie was the 1 nommed & she's currently on the verge on winning her 2nd "Golden Boy")

Thank You

Message was edited by: myidolspencer

It's about time. I always felt his acting was overshadowed by his playboy image and matinee idol looks. When you can get past that, and most here probably do, you see a man of great range and talent. Bonnie and Clyde is one of my all time favs due to those five terrific performances. Heaven can Wait, Shampoo, are great on the lighter side. But Bugsy did me in. He was sensational. His best Reds. Thought I'll never understand the one with Halle Berry where he rapped as a politician. See I even forget the name. He is just great.

• 5 months later...

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings