Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Man of a Thousand Voices

ccbaxter

Nicknamed the "Man of a Thousand Voices", Paul Frees was a truly great voice-over artist whose work appears in hundreds of films. Thanks to his richly characteristic voice, he was a popular choice to re-loop the dialogue of other actors either because of poor line readings or difficult accents.

I first became familiar with his voice years ago as the "Ghost Host" in Disney's Haunted Mansion ride. Then I began to notice his voice popping up in films left and right. Take a look at his filmography and you'll see he's ubiquitous in the 50's and 60's, although he often went uncredited. According to IMDb, he provides at least four different voices in "Sparticus", and in "Flight From Ashiya" he performed multiple characters having three and four-way conversations with himself!

I finally placed the voice with a face when he acted in "The Thing from Another World" as Dr. Vorhees (uncredited) and again as the prison priest at the end of "A Place in the Sun". Not only did he act, but he was also a composer, songwriter and author.

Paul Frees on IMDb: http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0293659/ .

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings