Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

who could possibly handle these roles today???

metz44

rick blane....casablanca .....bogart

george bailey... its a wonderful life.....stewart

charles foster kane ...citizen kane.....welles

my answer...NOBODY .!...they can not and never will be duplicated

do you think there is anyone in hollywood today big enough to fill those roles?

Message was edited by: metz44

Hi vf,

Hollywood tried putting George Clooney in a new imitation-noir titled ?The Good German?, about intrigue in Berlin right after the War, and TCM promoted it heavily for a month or more, with glowing reviews and film clips, yet the film turned out to be so bad it never got national theatrical distribution. It went right to DVD.

TCM?s advertisements for it made it look so good, I started checking around town at our various 26 theaters, but it never turned up at any of them. I finally saw a brief clip of it on the internet, and it contained very vulgar material, so I?m not interested in seeing it or renting or buying a DVD of it.

I agree with Metz.

I agree with you totally that no one can take those roles. I just started a thread not knowing this was here and now feel like a damed fool. It's about roles that are synonymous with the actor/actress and should never be named. I mentioned a few there.

And now I see these.

I do think we have only one man who would fit the bill, not for these roles, but for the type Cary Grant played and that is George Clooney. I was never a fan of his very much, just a little, then saw Micheal Clayton. Man. He is a matinee idol of this century.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings