Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Requiem For A Heavyweight

willieshedd

I'm inspired to write this because I recently saw a promo on TCM saying how their movies are uncut. Well, the last time I saw 'Requiem' on TCM, there were 3 or 4 scenes missing. To be fair, this seems to be the DVD version. Quite a few people on Amazon have complained about key scenes cut from the DVD version, the same scenes that were missing last time TCM played it. This is such a classic film, I can't believe any scene would be editted out. I'm wondering if sometime down the road, we can see the full version of this fantastic movie. Thanks.

What you have seen is the latest directors cut from the last few years. It's the same cut from the DVD. Yes, about 18 min. of the film has been edited out, but I think TCM is just playing this film in the last cut that has been availible. I have older VHS tapes where TCM showed the original scenes, so they have shown it that way. Maybe that print is not availible to them anymore or they are just coming straight off the DVD.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings