Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Trying to recapture the feeling of the silent era today.... "Loca bohemia"

radiotelefonia

Loca_bohemia.jpg

There have been many attempts to recreate the movie going feeling of the silent era; many of which are great and terrific.

But better than the work of Kevin Brownlow or William K. Everson, this 1928 recording of the Julio De Caro orchestra (shortly before they left Victor for Brunswick) brings everything that you expected immediately back. This orchestra in those days made quite a revolution; critics liked them, but they consider their music better suited for concerts than for the dancer... after all, they were providing background music for films.

The tango is called "Loca bohemia", written by his brother Francisco who is here performing the piano.

http://www.esnips.com/doc/6d0df77b-2bbd-4321-9cfb-f9d9a29a35f9/80957-A-LOCA-BOHEMIA-tango-FRANCISCO-DE-CARO

to download: http://www.esnips.com/nsdoc/6d0df77b-2bbd-4321-9cfb-f9d9a29a35f9/?id=1202588627988

And if you are in the mood to recreate the experience yourself, here is the sheet music that I myself rescued several years ago in Buenos Aires. However note that todotango.com only posted the easier version of the score. If you want the more complicated and original version of the tango (which was published in the back cover) just let me know:

Loca_bohemia1.gif

Loca_bohemia2.gif

Basically in Parque Rivadavia, but also in Parque Centenario. Other places may also have sheet music score (including American tunes and even cue sheets)... but those ones were usually more expensive.

Nowadays, sheet music has turned into expensive collector items, even if the scores survived in lousy conditions.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings