Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just saw the greateste performance and it made me wonder

bio47

I saw a private screening this afternoon at the place I attend for phsical therapy. It is a center which also allows support in many other ways, and they showed There Will Be Blood. I could not believe they had it.

I always said my favorite performance ever was Brando in Desire or Waterfront.

Day Lewis will go down in history. I am not sure if it is because of the being in the moment now, but I dare say I think it is the greatest performance I have ever seen on screen.

I know this is a class forum. So let me ask if I may, are there any performances of late that you think shall be labeled classic in years to come. For that matter would any of you include Day Lewis for Blood. Thanks, Robert Michael.

I am looking forward to seeing THERE WILL BE BLOOD. I am a huge fan of Daniel Day-Lewis from way back when he played Helena Bonham Carter's foppish fiancee in A ROOM WITH A VIEW. Fantastic performances also in MY LEFT FOOT, THE LAST OF THE MOHICANS, THE AGE OF INNOCENCE and GANGS OF NEW YORK. Look at how diverse all of those roles are! An actor's actor. Day-Lewis has the ability to completely transform himself, and yet I never see him "acting." One of the greatest film actors ever, IMO. I think he is definitely on par with Brando.

Sandy K

That performance had me thinking all night. I am so glad others agree. Those who have not seen it are in for a treat.

I do have to say one thing that I noticed that no one else picked up on. It is not a spoiler here, so do not feel I am giving anything away. But the very opening seen in which he breaks his left foot was not one in which the irony escaped me. Why is no one else picking up on this?

I think it was to show us the lengths to which this man will go, but I thought the director should have taken a different approach as Day Lewis is so connected to MY LEFT FOOT.

Any thoughts?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings