Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

War Games (1983)

LoTek

Am I the only one who feels they should follow 'War Games' with 'Hackers'?

Of course, I realize the latter may not be in contention for many awards. But it's hardly more fantastic than it's predecessor. Not to mention, Angelina Jolie in short stylish locks, circumvents some unreasonable demands on suspension of disbelief, much like Ally Sheedy.

hactivism for the planet ...

The corporations are opposed by the LoTeks, a resistance movement risen from the streets: hackers, data-pirates, guerilla-fighters in the info-wars - William Gibson's 'Johnny Mnemonic' (85-95)

For this particular movie, it is in the ?old? but ?not old enough? category right now. It?s like a 15 year old used car. A 5 year old used car is not bad and there is still some demand for it, a 50 year old used car is valuable. But a 15 year old used car, nobody wants it.

I think this movie is a ?classic? of a sort, but we?ll need maybe 20 more years before we can appreciate it. Perhaps after some teen hacks into the Pentagon?s computers and starts WW III, or, when the Pentagon makes a mistake with its own computers and blames it on teen hackers, then this movie will be called ?ahead of its time.?

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings