Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have you ever recieved a letter from an actor/actress?

bio47

I wrote Al Pacino after Dog Day Afternoon. That film had a profound change on me in how I look at cinema. It was very personal and that is when he wrote back I could tell it was from him due to what he wrote in the note.

Then I met him while he was on Broadway in Chinese Coffee along with Charles Durning. I stayed afterwards writing in advance that I would be attending and hoped he remembered me from my letter. I could not believe I recieved another reply and of all things was brought back stage to meet him. You all know how I get. I do not have the gift for the economy of words but finally I was speechless. Eventually I started speaking. And who in the hell ever knew he was so short. I didn't get that because he on screen appears larger than life as the expression goes.

When I was a kid I wrote to C. Thomas Howell after The Outsiders. I actually got an autographed picture back from him, but no letter. hahahaha. LOL. I don't think I still have the pic though.

That is awesome that u got to meet Al Pacino. I really want to meet Lauren Bacall and Kim Novak. I am named after Kim Novak.

-

kpr

Probably the letter I am most proud of is the letter received from Katharine Hepburn. I wrote to her in 1991 while in college and though her response is only 6 lines long I am still proudly displaying it attached to a beautfiul photo of hers and it's on my wall. Another nice response came from Anne Bancroft as well.

When Kristy McNichol was first on a series called "Apple's Way," I wrote and received a reply that has been lost over the years. She was only about 11 years old then and spelled her name "Kristie." It was a nice little note thanking me for writing and encouraging me to keep watching "Apple's Way."

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings