Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

THE FIGHTING EAGLE (1927)

Guest dredagain

Ed,

I started watching this movie, but only to determine the print quality, which is pretty good. I liked what I heard of the score too. Phyllis Haver was a Cutie! I would probably put her ahead of Billie Dove too!

I am transferring Kyle's Laser-disc transfer of THE BIG PARADE into my Hard-drive Via the TV Tuner. I tried Ripping the movie directly, without having to record it again, but the results produced a file size way to big to convert to AVI. My previous program of THE BIG PARADE is from 2004, and was recorded off of TCM.

The opening credits on the MGM laser-disc are the origianl 1925 release design. Where the TCM print has the 1931-sound re-issue credits. Though both versions have the Carl Davis score.

I want to create a new menu, with motion, thumbs, and captures. Struggling a little bit to cut down the glare, a problem that I didn't have on the older recording, but it's not Kyle's LD transfer that's the culprit, it's this stupid ATI All And Wonder Video card, that has never worked right since I first got it in October of 2006. My previous Video card never had any glare trouble!

oh so you haven't watch THE FIGHTING EAGLE??? I also only looked at the print quality a couple years ago... It's my choice to day.... I still have like 100 silent films here I haven't watched.... an embarrassment of riches!!!!!

LOL

Did you watch THE SEA LION yet???? It looked MUCHO strange

an ok swashkbucler set in Napoleonic era... spies, sex, and lies.... Rod La Rocque is good as the militarist and Phyllis Haver is also good as another spy.... Odd to see Sally Rand in a supporting role!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings