Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Girl Shy

mark83

I'm pretty sure GIRL SHY has been on TCM.... I seem to remember Lloyd's granddaughter, Suzanne Lloyd, was a guest host a few years back..... excellent film, one of Lloyd's best!!

Yes, it's been shown at least twice that I know of, possibly three times. I know it was shown in the summer of 1996, along with "Safety Last", as part of a double feature of the TCM silent comedy series that was hosted by mime Bill Irwin (they also did a Chaplin double feature-"The Gold Rush" and "Tillie's Punctured Romance", both from nice tinted prints from the Killiam Collection, and Keaton-"The Cameraman" and "Spite Marriage".) (TCM ran a bunch of Lloyd films later in April 1997 as part of a birthday salute to Lloyd).

I believe the film would have been shown again in June 2002, when TCM ran a number of Lloyd titles that they had broadcast rights to.

It was shown again in the April 2003 salute to Lloyd in a newly restored version provided by the Harold Lloyd Trust (this was the version issued on DVD in 2005).

Matt Barry

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings