Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jean Harlow Fans

Tell us about your passion for the Baby. I fell you love with Harlow 23 years ago after seeing Hold Your Man. I have been collecting on her that long. It is hard to believe that her 100th birthday is 3 years away. That she has been gone for 71 years now. You wonder how her career would have been in the 1940's or if she married William Powell how her life would have been. Lets hope that her 100th aniversary will bring maybe some new books and to be honored with a U.S. postal stamp.

luckily i taped and was able to watch 'suzy' 1936 after missing the last airing a while back.although the gable/harlow teamings are more celebrated, i REALLY enjoy harlow being paired with franchot tone.... they are a hot young couple with a lot of chemistry (i particularly like how harlow reacts to tone, her attraction to him seems palpable).

for me, their flirtation scenes together are among the best of the 'thirties, i can watch them endlessly. 'bombshell' 1933, 'the girl from missouri' 1934, 'reckless' 1935, and 'suzy' 1936 are the films they starred in.

I've been a fan of Jean Harlow ever since I was 11 years old and saw her photo in the newspaper in an article about tragic blonde movie stars. I was infatuated with her. For several years the only movie available with her was The Public Enemy which was her worst performance. It wasn't until TNT came to cable that I got to see all the wonderful MGM movies with her. I can watch them over and over and never get tired of them. I have also read every book, article and story I could find on her. I hate when people will compare other actresses with her; she was the original blonde bombshell and no one will ever come close to her.

• 3 months later...

I've always really liked Jean Harlow. I first saw her in *Red Dust* and it remains one of my favorite of her performances. I love how she goes on about how they make cheese to Gable. That was a nice nice comedic touch to her character. She and Gable were great together.

I have a lot of her films. My favorites, other than *Red Dust,* are *Red-Headed Woman,* *China Seas,* *Bombshell,* and *Libeled Lady.* It's been a while since I've seen some of her other films.

Three I haven't seen are *Platinum Blonde,* *Goldie,* and *Three Wise Girls.* Now *Goldie* was made at Fox but the other two are from Columbia so hopefuly TCM will be able to air them someday.

I posted earlier in this thread but since there are updates I thought I'd post again. I don't know what it is about her but I have been infatuated with Jean Harlow since I was eleven. I have my basement family room decorated in a 1930's art deco with black n white and lots of mirrors and glass tables. I have hung several photos of Jean thru out the room. I never get tired of watching her movies. I really wish TCM would show "Three Wise Girls" and "Goldie". They have shown "Platinum Blonde" a few times although not in recent years. I have a poor "bootleg" copy of "Three Wise Girls" but since this is a Columbia film and TCM has been showing several Columbia pre codes I keep on requesting it in the "suggest-a-movie" section. Goldie is a Fox film. It was restored by UCLA in the early 1990's and has been shown a few times at theater revivals. I was lucky enough to be in NYC in December 2006 when Film Forum was showing "Goldie" as part of their Fox Pre Code festival. The movie was in pristine condition. I am a bit disgusted that 20th Century Fox doesn't even show this movie on their Fox Movie Channel. It's not really a great movie but it's important as the first pairing of Jean and Spencer Tracy.

Hey Smokey: "Spencer Tracy was too hard looking for her (at least in my opinion). She was too pretty to be with someone as plain, hard nosed and harsh as Tracy..."

Whaddya think of Harlow with the great Wallace Beery? ("Dinner At Eight.")

LOL. I forgot about Wallace Beery. What a couple they made in "Dinner At Eight"! LOL. In real life they couldn't stand one another although I heard that few people got along with Beery. Jackie Cooper used to get tired of all the fans who would ask how close they were since Beery and Cooper made several pictures together. Cooper would tell them that everytime the director would yell "cut" that Beery would push him away. Cooper said he was a nasty, mean, rotten guy.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Iron Man promo photo. Jean was photographed with her back to the camera in scene where

she wears this dress!

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Photo from series by Edwin Bower Hessor. Jean was 18.

• 2 months later...

I just wish people would share more rare pictures of Jean in this forum. She WAS the most photographed actress of the 1930's - bar none, so it would be nice if more rare pictures were posted that no one has seen. I posted a ton of photos in another thread in Hot Topics.

I just don't see a lot of love for Harlow on the TCM boards (hence, my disappearance for some time), which is kind of shocking.

Photobucket

Message was edited by: harlowrocks

Message was edited by: harlowrocks

• 2 weeks later...