• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sign in to follow this  
Presteign

Let's make a movie

Let?s make a movie

The Rules

1. Each post should only be one sentence long.

2. You can post as many times as you wish, but not consecutively. You must wait until at least ?FIVE? other people have posted before you can post again.

3. Each post must be a logical progression from the previous post. You can change the direction of the story, but it must be connected in some way to the previous post.

4. Try to be intelligent about it. Make it interesting. Try to avoid Gratuitous sex, violence, and bad language (I get enough of that at home). Unless you believe it is absolutely necessary to the story.

5. You can use any actors and actresses you like (real, imagined, or deceased). You can invent your own characters or use characters from the movies.

6. You can specify any technical details such as camera angles, lighting, film type, lenses, close-ups, genre, style, point-of-view (first or third person), etc. etc. whatever you like. Enter any technical specifications, comments etc. in parentheses beneath your sentence to avoid confusion.

7. You do not have to specify any particulars from 5 or 6. If you just want to describe a scene or add some dialog, that?s fine.

These rules are tentative and subject to change without notice depending on how all this plays out.

I think the TCM board members are going to produce a brilliant movie that will sweep the 2009 Oscars.

Best Wishes and good luck

Presteign

I?ll start I guess.

With a look of resentment and loathing in her eyes, she watched the Packard glide down the sweeping driveway and through the wrought-iron gates.

(This has to be Bette Davis as we share her view through an upstairs window of a very opulent mansion in a very posh part of Los Angeles).

Message was edited by: Presteign

A weather beaten and rusty piano ?

She remembered the day five years ago, when she brought the piano home after finding it abandoned on Lido pier.

Regards

I'm so excited. I can tell right now that this movie is going to be a blockbuster.

Who needs writers anyway, let 'em stay on strike.

Thanks Moviebuffer12 for getting the ball rolling. I was beginning to get lonely in here.

Best Wishes

Presteign

A weather beaten and rusty piano ?

drag it

She remembered the day five years ago, when she brought the piano home after finding it abandoned on Lido pier.>>

She had no idea that it would take so long to drag it down five miles of dirt road to her house.

Somewhere deep in the remote and dark recesses of her soul, she could still hear Horatio playing the soft chords of Beethoven?s Moonlight Sonata, as the lustrous moonbeams radiantly shined down through the lace curtains and into the Great Hall of Landchester while the cool ocean breeze blew inland across the blooming heather fields of the moors on that fateful night so long ago.

(bg music: http://www.geocities.com/Tokyo/Palace/3895/mids/moonlitsonata.mid )

"Ah, Horatio, my lost darling, " she whispers in the dark, "how innocent and careless we were in those days of heather, that night of Beethoven, thinking little of throwing away our reputations, our happiness, the piano, the child, everything that mattered!"

This is superb. I didn't realize we had so many talented people on the TCM forums.

We have the 'Best Screenplay' award in the bag.

That lovely soundtrack music. We will certainly nail a Grammy for that.

Best Wishes

Presteign

This is great and I just go loaded with drugs for surgry tomorrow and am going to bed, but wanted to leave something on the boards of fun other than my thankyou letter. So for this thread I am going to add

After she wakes from falling hard down the stairs she blinks her eyes thinking she is dazed and suddenly a woman who looks identical to her says, "My, my lil sis, did you really think you could burry me in that damned piano?"

Cassandra is brought out of her reverie by a honking car horn. She turns around to see a handsome man lean out of his car window.

"Excuse me Miss. I've been trying to get your attention for the last half a mile. Could you use a hand with that piano. I have plenty of room in the back of my truck."

Cassandra realizes her thoughts of Horatio, her sister and that fateful night took her to another place. His smile, tan and toussled hair brings her back to reality.

"Oh...uh...actually I could use the help. I'm just another mile and a half off this road."

The man gets out of his truck and walks toward her...

.....his pronounced limp in sharp contrast to his otherwise healthy good looks, and she detected the merest wisp of an accent that sounded vaguely Scandinavian, but had undertones of a country she knew she never heard of before.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Stranger with truck - "I know you. I read about you in the society gossip column of the L.A. Times.You're Horatio Landchester, the 7th Earl of Landchester. Who recently inherited the title and estates of your late father, the 6th Earl of Landchester. That explains the dinner-jacket and black-tie."

Horatio - "Who, may I ask, are you sir ?."

Regards

Message was edited by: Metry Road

JIM

"Nope. I only look like him. That Horatio guy is rich. Me, I'm just plain ordinary Jim Doherty."

CASSANDRA

"And the dinner jacket?"

JIM

"A party at my boss' house. I banged up my leg on a couch. It hurts like the dickens but I can still help you with that piano."

CASSANDRA

"I'll take that help."

She gives him the once over as he drags the piano to the back of his truck. Though limping, his stride is long and assured. She imagines his muscles straining underneath his dinner jacket. His black tie lies loose around his thick neck.

CASSANDRA

"Your accent, Jim. You're not from around here are you?"

With the piano in the truck, he helps her climb into the passenger seat.

JIM

"No...no I'm not."

Jim puts the truck in gear and slowly drives down the dirt road.

CUT ......

Dear CineMaven, please restrain yourself. Posts should only be a single sentence, and you must wait until at least five other people have posted before posting again. Read the rules (such as they are), this thread, first post. As one of the co-producers on this project, we value and appreciate your contributions.

....... ROLL 'EM

Suddenly, some White piano player jumps on his truck and starts playing Liszt's 2nd Hungarian Rhapsody. The Man is a James Cagney esque character. He's wearing a hawian t-shirt and red shoes.>>

Cassandra rolls her eyes and says:

"Criminy Tom, must you be such a show-off and who dressed you today? The Salvation Army?"

Cassandra responds to Jim?s look of curiosity. ?That?s Tom, the butler, been with my family for years. He?s old now and losing his mind. Thinks he?s James Cagney. We just let him wander around the estate.?

Presteign

Presteign, I humbly apologize and will re-read your rules. Uh...a single sentence you say.

Creativity cruelly thwarted and stunted. Again, my apologies.

While driving to the destination, Cassandra notices that Jim appears to be in some pain. Unbeknownst to her, Jim was recently fitted with a wooden leg, which conceals a secret document...

Despite his wooden leg, Jim and the senile old butler manage to wrestle the battered Steinway off the truck and into the grand foyer of the mansion, ?Thank you Mr. Doherty, for your help. May I offer you a little something??

Regards

Despite his wooden leg, Jim and the senile old butler manage to wrestle the battered Steinway off the truck and into the grand foyer of the mansion, ?Thank you Mr. Doherty, for your help. May I offer you a little something??>>

Jim raises an eyebrow while the senile old butler has other thoughts but both are in for a surprise when Cassandra reappears with milk and chocolate chip cookies.