Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

1 hour ago, laffite said:

Working Girl

next : something lost (content not title) :)

laffite,

Swithin likes to point out that it's the first film that comes to mind, and it doesn't always have to fit the clue exactly. 

It would have been more logical for me to mention a film where something tangible is lost, like money or car keys. But the first thing that came to mind for me was Paradise Lost. So that's why I said PARADISE. I figured that was not how you wanted it answered but per Swithin, it's supposed to be the first film that comes to mind.

Just thought I'd explain. 

A lot of the clues I provide are not answered the way I think they should be answered...especially when Swithin comes along and answers them. LOL

:) 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, LiamCasey said:

Haunted Honeymoon (1986) - An obvious first thought for the month of October.

Next: A horror western.

THE FIEND WHO WALKED THE WEST (1958)

Next: ostrich

• Like 2
10 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

laffite,

Swithin likes to point out that it's the first film that comes to mind, and it doesn't always have to fit the clue exactly. 

It would have been more logical for me to mention a film where something tangible is lost, like money or car keys. But the first thing that came to mind for me was Paradise Lost. So that's why I said PARADISE. I figured that was not how you wanted it answered but per Swithin, it's supposed to be the first film that comes to mind.

Just thought I'd explain. 

A lot of the clues I provide are not answered the way I think they should be answered...especially when Swithin comes along and answers them. LOL

Yes, I see. I am a proponent of 'first to come to mind,' as Swithin says. And that it doesn't have to fit exactly. I agree with that. The second clue tried to send the message that the mind might be directed to scan itself more for content that simply some otherwise wholly unrelated Title, which can come across  rather expedient and unsatisfying. I'm not asking for a change in the rules, just musing. I'm not criticizing I've done it too. 

Carry on !

• Like 2
8 minutes ago, laffite said:

Yes, I see. I am a proponent of 'first to come to mind,' as Swithin says. And that it doesn't have to fit exactly. I agree with that. The second clue tried to send the message that the mind might be directed to scan itself more for content that simply some otherwise wholly unrelated Title, which can come across  rather expedient and unsatisfying. I'm not asking for a change in the rules, just musing. I'm not criticizing I've done it too. 

Carry on !

Omigod, I'm being quoted right and left! I can't take the notoriety!

Actually, since I've been dragged kicking and screaming into this, I think it's generally the first film that comes to mind, though ideally it should have some connection. I like answers to be less obvious but still apt in some way (obviously IMHO).  The point is, there is no right answer. So I'll pick up the thread from here.

The Vulture (1967) -- so a vulture is not an ostrich, but it's a big bird, and in this movie it's a horrible big bird, played by Akim Tamiroff.

Next: Scaly creature

• Like 2