Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

14 minutes ago, chaya bat woof woof said:

The Star Trek with Christopher Plummer doing Shakespeare (I think) in Klingon

or whatever Patricia Neal says to the robot in The original Day the Earth Stood Still

Sticking with Neal, who was married to Roald Dahl, film based on a Roald Dahl's story

Next ??

1 hour ago, LiamCasey said:

"Pishogue"? Sure, make me go look for my dictionary! 🙂

I think throwing in something like that is fair game, not that I feel your complaining. It's so easy to look it up online. Seconds. I didn't know that word BTW. It was sent to me by an vocab newsletter I get every day.

• Like 1

In Name Only (1939)

lovely opening scene where Carole is delectable with a fishing pole as she is set upon by a stranger (Cary Grant) with whom she shares a sandwich. This is on later on today on TCM

• Like 1
2 hours ago, laffite said:

I think throwing in something like that is fair game, not that I feel your complaining. It's so easy to look it up online. Seconds. I didn't know that word BTW. It was sent to me by an vocab newsletter I get every day.

Trust me, I'm not complaining at all. Especially since I'm a big believer in the concept of "learn something new everyday".  And that word definitely met that criteria for today.

• Like 2