Jump to content
 
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The First Film That Comes to Mind...


Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, BunnyWhit said:

Jezebel (1938) --  Bette Davis can dish it, but she also takes it

Next: explosive anger

I'm going to go with Davis again in ON HUMAN BONDAGE (1934) when she lets Leslie Howard have it.  To me, one of the greatest acting scenes in Hollywood history. 

Next: Hysterical laughter

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Boris Karloff in Frankenstein (1931)

Next:  convincingly played someone much older than themselves (as in, more than 50 years older)

Keir Dullea in 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY

Next: convincingly played a character much younger than themselves (maybe 30 years younger).

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

Isabelle Adjani in QUEEN MARGOT (1994)

Next: lots of espionage

Hi TopBilled, it looks like you and MrMagoo both answered my prompt, but he got in just before you.  Maybe I should answer his prompt, but let yours be the next one?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Fausterlitz said:

Hi TopBilled, it looks like you and MrMagoo both answered my prompt, but he got in just before you.  Maybe I should answer his prompt, but let yours be the next one?

My answer, which you quoted, is the edited answer. Isabelle Adjani plays a character much younger than herself in QUEEN MARGOT.

***

Next: lots of espionage

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, TopBilled said:

My answer, which you quoted, is the edited answer.

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.  Both answers originally said "posted just now," so I assumed they had appeared almost simultaneously--it didn't enter my head that anyone could have responded to a new post that quickly.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Fausterlitz said:

Ah, sorry, I misunderstood.  Both answers originally said "posted just now," so I assumed they had appeared almost simultaneously--it didn't enter my head that anyone could have responded to a new post that quickly.

No worries. :) 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, TopBilled said:

My answer, which you quoted, is the edited answer. Isabelle Adjani plays a character much younger than herself in QUEEN MARGOT.

***

Next: lots of espionage

TORN CURTAIN (1966)

Next: A veterinarian is a lead/co-lead 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
© 2021 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings
×
×
  • Create New...