Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Metropolisforever

The First Film That Comes to Mind...

The Old-Fashioned Way (1934) [One of the very few W.C. Fields movies that I like].

Next: Mischief in a cemetery

• Like 1

This may sound silly, but it would be kind of interesting to see "GONE WITH THE WIND" made into a musical.  There's so many scenes and events throughout the movie that can be made into songs.

Next: Your favorite noir

4 minutes ago, SummerStars said:

This may sound silly, but it would be kind of interesting to see "GONE WITH THE WIND" made into a musical.  There's so many scenes and events throughout the movie that can be made into songs.

Next: Your favorite noir

It's not silly. Years ago when I was a student in London I remember going past the theater that had a musical version of "Gone With the Wind". I can't recall if it was that successful worldwide. But it seemed to be successful in London.

The Maltese Falcon

Next:

A musical that must have been better on Broadway than on the screen

It's not silly. Years ago when I was a student in London I remember going past the theater that had a musical version of "Gone With the Wind". I can't recall if it was that successful worldwide. But it seemed to be successful in London. 

Well, that's really interesting!  I don't know if I ever read about that musical version in a magazine that referenced different variations of this movie, including some made for television (as well as a televised version of "CASABLANCA" from the late 1950s).

To move the game right along -

"SWEET CHARITY" (only because Gwen Verdon seemed born for the role as Charity, although Shirley MacLaine was still good in the movie adaptaion)

Next: A B/W movie that would look better filmed in color