Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What films should TCM show

Moviebuffer12

Yes. I agree on It's A Wonderful Life and Good Sam.

I'd like to add:

Family Honeymoon

No Time For Love

The Egg and I

Practically Yours (All 4 of these star Fred MacMurray & Claudette Colbert. They're great.)

Smoky (Mid 1940s version with Fred MacMurray)

Star of Midnight

The Blondie series

The Charlie Chan Series

The Jungle Jim series...

A Bette Davis weekend Marathon - play movies that are and are not on DVD

Things like the Old Man, The Letter, In this Our Life, All About Eve, The Star

There are plenty of Bette Davis movies for a weekend

I missed Now Voyager

Id like to see them play San Francisco and other movies from the Clark Gable box set, and the Charlie Chan series as well

"A Bette Davis weekend Marathon - play movies that are and are not on DVD." - TripleHHH

Though it's not a full weekend, would you settle for 24 hours in the April upcoming?

Saturday April 5th PDT

http://www.tcm.com/schedule/month/?cid=&timezone=PST&oid=4/1/2008

3:00 AM Cabin In The Cotton, The (1932)

A sharecropper fighting for better working conditions succumbs to the boss's seductive daughter. Cast: Richard Barthelmess, Bette Davis, Dorothy Jordan. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-78 mins, TV-G, CC

4:30 AM Petrified Forest, The (1936)

An escaped convict holds the customers at a remote desert cantina hostage. Cast: Leslie Howard, Bette Davis, Humphrey Bogart. Dir: Archie Mayo. BW-82 mins, TV-G, CC

6:00 AM Corn Is Green, The (1945)

A dedicated teacher sacrifices everything to send a young miner to Oxford. Cast: Bette Davis, Nigel Bruce, John Dall. Dir: Irving Rapper. BW-114 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

8:00 AM Bride Came C.O.D., The (1941)

A pilot and a temperamental heiress are stranded in the desert together. Cast: James Cagney, Bette Davis, Harry Davenport. Dir: William Keighley. BW-92 mins, TV-G, CC

9:45 AM Letter, The (1940)

A woman claims to have killed in self-defense, until a blackmailer turns up with incriminating evidence. Cast: Bette Davis, Herbert Marshall, James Stephenson. Dir: William Wyler. BW-95 mins, TV-PG, CC

11:30 AM Private Lives of Elizabeth and Essex, The (1939)

Elizabeth I's love for the Earl of Essex threatens to destroy her kingdom. Cast: Bette Davis, Errol Flynn, Olivia de Havilland. Dir: Michael Curtiz. BW-106 mins, TV-G, CC

1:30 PM Now, Voyager (1942)

A repressed spinster is transformed by psychiatry and her love for a married man. Cast: Bette Davis, Paul Henreid, Claude Rains. Dir: Irving Rapper. BW-118 mins, TV-G, CC, DVS

3:30 PM Stardust: The Bette Davis Story (2005)

TCM original documentary that explores the life and career of legendary actress Bette Davis. BW-88 mins, TV-14, CC

5:00 PM All About Eve (1950)

An ambitious young actress tries to take over a star's career and love life. Cast: Bette Davis, Anne Baxter, George Sanders. Dir: Joseph L. Mankiewicz. BW-138 mins,

7:30 PM Jezebel (1938)

A tempestuous Southern belle's willfulness threatens to destroy all who care for her. Cast: Bette Davis, Henry Fonda, Fay Bainter. Dir: William Wyler. BW-104 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

9:30 PM Dark Victory (1939)

A flighty heiress discovers inner strength when she develops a brain tumor. Cast: Bette Davis, George Brent, Humphrey Bogart. Dir: Edmund Goulding. BW-104 mins, TV-PG, CC, DVS

11:30 PM Dangerous (1935)

A young fan tries to rehabilitate an alcoholic actress he's fallen in love with. Cast: Bette Davis, Franchot Tone, Margaret Lindsay. Dir: Alfred E. Green. BW-79 mins, TV-G

1:00 AM Pocketful Of Miracles (1961)

A good-hearted gangster turns an old apple seller into a society matron so she can impress her daughter. Cast: Bette Davis, Glenn Ford, Hope Lange. Dir: Frank Capra. C-137 mins, TV-G, Letterbox Format

Definitely make a point of catching the "Stardust" documentary.

Enjoy!

Kyle In Hollywood

TCM has shown quite a few of the Abbott and Costello flicks from time to time!!! I hope they will show more of them!

I would also love to second the motion to see The Blondie series, as well as Jungle Jim flicks!!! Jungle Jim was on the schedule for a while (November) and then pulled due to some issue with the quality of the prints, I think...I hope they can get that cleared up and re-schedule them, would love to see those!!!

Oh yeah, and it would totally rock if they would show the Charlie Chan series, woohoo! Hopefully both Warner Oland and Sydney Toler (they show a few films of the latter once in a great while). And Mr. Moto and Mr. Wong too!!! Those B mysteries rock the house!!!

I'd like to see some of the very early talkies such as:

Gentlemen of the Press

Lights of New York

The Singing Fool

Hollywood Revue of 1929

On With the Show

Show of Shows

Sally

So Long Letty

They Learned About Women

The Last of Mrs. Cheney (1929 version)

Rio Rita (1929 version)

Show Boat (1929 version)

Golden Dawn

TCM used to show these films so I know they still survive, but some of them haven't been aired in years. Two I've never seen on TCM but used to see on AMC on a regular basis are two of Eddie Cantor's precodes and two of my favorites:

Whoopee (1930)

Palmy Days (1931)

I believed Hands Across the Table aired on TCM a couple of years ago during a Carole Lombard tribute (Summer Under the Stars, if I'm not mistaken). I didn't get to see all of it, but it would be great to see it air again.

Yet another couple of films I will add that interest me that I'd love to see on TCM:

The Stalking Moon (1968)

Monte Walsh (1970)

<>

I hear you Metropolisforever. As stated in another thread, I have been suggesting this film for quite some time. Since TCM has only been a part of my lineup for a little over a year and a half, I wasn't sure if the film had ever aired on the channel.

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings