Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What was the reel wonder?

userkeith16

On Dec 18,2003, right after A Christmas Story, there was a One Reel Wonder. It was a christmas tale about a motel/cafe in the desert. A grumpy man was working on a big lighted star on christmas eve. At the end, Jose and Maria had to stay in the shed, and she had a baby. Does anyone know the name of that film?

• 5 weeks later...

Did any of you catch the one earlier this week that Jimmy Stewart was in, also "uncredited"? I was wondering if it might have been his very first film, and if so, what a prize TCM has. I really wish that TCM would pick out a bunch of these One Reeler's where stars seem to have gotten their start, and run a day's worth of them for us.

Actually, Lolite, Jimmy Stewart's first appearance on film (according to IMDb) was in "Art Trouble" in 1934, and he was again "uncredited". So, the one we saw last week, ("Important News", 1936) wasn't his first appearance on film, but actually his 6th. appearance.

Anyway, it's really great that we can see these one-reeler's on TCM...but it would be even better if for one day of the year they could feature them, all together, with a running intro. commentary by Robert Osborne. I just keep harping on this in the hope that someone at TCM actually does see our posts from time to time, and the powers that be might give my wish a try sometime in my lifetime (smile).