Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

New Oscar Trivia

bio47

I'll be gone a couple days for a minor surgical procedure and someone wrote asking where is the Oscar trivia. So since some still want it, here goes. Last one did not have many responses. I stumpted to many people. This is easier. No theme here as like last one. Good luck mr6666. counting on you.

1) What movie won best Pic but was first made as a motion pic for tv?

2) What movie won Best Pic for shorteset time, 91 minutes?

3) What two performers were named for Oscars five times in a row?

4) who won four Oscars in one year? A record.

5) What person was nominated for an Oscar for playing three roles in same film?

6) What is first foreign film nominated as Best Picture, not Best Foreign Film.

7) What foreign film won most Oscars?

8) Who won Oscar and holds the record for longest gap between first nom & finally victory.

9) Therre are nine winners who won the Oscar after creating role on Broadway and winning the Tony. How many can you name.

10) Who are the three women nominated for best Director? Better than asking of the 400 men. LOL.

good luck. l look forward to your answers.

3) What two performers were named for Oscars five times in a row? Greer Garson and Bette Davis.

Garson from 1941-1945 and Davis from 1938-1942

4) who won four Oscars in one year? A record.

James Cameron?

Therre are nine winners who won the Oscar after creating role on Broadway and winning the Tony. How many can you name.>>

Picking up where Mr6 left off,

F. Murray Abraham for Amadeus

Streisand for "Funny Girl"

Ann Bancroft for "Miracle Worker

Message was edited by: lzcutter

I have to do this fast. I just wrote a thread thanking everyone before I go into hospital. I have to start my prep kit right away.

most answers are correct

3 is right if you said Greer and Bette

4 and 5 are wrong

Not Joanne Woodward but great guess. She played one character with split personalities whereas the person who we are speaking of played three different parts.

7 no

Good job on Tony's. There are more. Hopefully next week I can answer the rest if you have not by then.

Take care Robert

Good job on Tony's. There are more. Hopefully next week I can answer the rest if you have not by then. >>

Jose Ferrer for "Cyrano"

Shirley Booth "Come Back, Little Sheba"

Jack Albertson "The Subject was Roses"

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings