Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

What role would you love to have played?

bio47

The title says it all.

I would love to have played Salieri in Amadeus.

Now I know others won't do this but I am going to choose a role of the opposite sex as well.

I had this experience in high school when I was first coming to terms that I was gay and My Fair Lady was in full swing and I was mistakingly shoved to a chorus part, for which Mr. Dobbins will regret when I win my Oscar. LOL. But I hated Cyndi T. for her playing Eliza.

I never wanted to be a woman and still don't. That is only time however I wanted to play a woman's part. I can't think of a better role.

Who know's maybe others will name role of opposite sex.

peace, Robert...glad to be a man.

I never really gave it any thought before, but, Myrna Loy seemed to have Fun doing those Thin Man Movies. Besides i have really Long Hair anyway and for some reason when people see Long hair they automatically think you are a Woman for some weird reason. I get called Mam all of the time. But to see the Stupid look on their face when the realize i am a Guy, is PriceLess.

Hmm,,, interesting thread.

One roll that comes to mind for me is the lead in Shane. I love how the character has been trying to give up the gunfighter lifestyle and blend in as a farmer. The role called for wisdom and maturity in his efforts to live normal, like most folks. But he's confident he can whup the bad guys and outshoot any of them, so when the need arises and he can't hold back anymore, he straps on his gunbelt and rides into town for the showdown. Very dramatic. I'd love to have played that role.

I'm not a fan of Alan Ladd, but I got to say he did an excellent job and I still enjoy the movie every time I see it.

Atticus Finch. A great character who stands for something. I wouldn't mind doing Pacino's role in DOG DAY AFTERNOON. Nothing like a good rant. Mr. Chips might be fun. More than anything, I'd like to be the fast talking wise guy. Groucho. Bob Hope. A Neil Simon character. Saying the things you wish you'd thought of. What the hell? We all have our fantasies!

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings