Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Favorite [((prison))] movies

TripleHHH

Those are all great choices, I tend to like prison films. Another great one is the 1930 THE BIG HOUSE! I like alot of the B flicks too, made by WB for the most part. EACH DAWN I DIE totally rocks the house! I did happen to like BRUTE FORCE too, very dark film. I also dug LADIES THEY TALK ABOUT, Stanwyck rocks! Even though it was like a women's club med! LOL I'll try to think of some others! Good topic!

1950's "Caged"with Eleanor Parker. Also Spencer Tracy in "20,000 Years in Sing Sing" (1932) and whats with the marching of prisoners in films like "The Big House" and Alibi, or the tapping of night sticks to make a rhythm, so the prisoners can march from their cells.(Pretty Cool) I'll add a film that's never shown 1962's "Convicts 4" , one of my favorites as a kid.

vallo

The Big House

Ladies They Talk About

Hell's Highway

I was a fugitive from a chain gang.

The Big Shot

Each Dawn I Die

Birdman from Alcatraz

White Heat------

These are my top fav prison movies.

If you have not seen Hell's Highway (Richard Dix-1932), I highly recommend it. It was a part of TCM's Screened Out-Gay Images in Film series. Although it is only a part of it because it is a prison movie and there are 2 overtly gay minor characters (the prisoner cook and the head guard). Interestingly enough, in the prison movies made after the code all the gay characters disappear.

Hells Highway

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0022990/

-

kpr

© 2023 Turner Classic Movies Inc. A Time Warner Company. All Rights Reserved Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Cookie Settings