Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Jennifer Jones fans

I must agree with mrs0321- "Love Letters" has always been one of my favorite films. Jennifer Jones always worked well with Joseph Cotten (the best actor who never received an Academy Award nomination). A moving script by Ayn Rand and a beautiful score by composer Victor Young. The title song has always been the favorite of my wife and I for over 50 years.

Jennifer Jones was not only a well-known actress but had married quite well. After Selznick, she married Norton Simon (or Simon Norton?) and had been active on the board of the museum of the same name. She had quite a life.

• 4 weeks later...

"*Portrait of Jennie*" (1948) is my favorite film of all-time.

"*Love Letters*" (1945) is in my top ten list.

"*Indiscretion of An American Wife*" (1954), "*Good Morning Miss Dove*" and "*Madame Bovary*" are other big favorites.

She's definitely one of my top actresses ;)

Hi Theresa,

I'm glad to hear that! ;)

Don't you think that the ball sequence in "Madame Bovary" (1949) is one of the most amazing ever filmed? Which is a credit to Minnelli's great talent, but also to Jennifer Jones' charisma, charm, acting ability and appeal.

On the other hand, I could watch "*Portrait of Jennie*" a thousand times and still discover new things and feel thrilled.

Hey, feaito, I don't want to beat CineMaven to your response, but that ballroom sequence IS one of the GREATEST scenes ever filmed. I finally got Madame Bovary, and it is truly great because of Jennifer Jones! It is one of my favorite costume

Jennifer Jones is getting her own day in Summer Under the Stars this August!!

*17 Monday*

3:00 AM *Madame Bovary* (1949)

A romantic country girl sacrifices her marriage when she thinks she's found true love. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Van Heflin, James Mason. Dir: Vincente Minnelli. BW-114 mins, TV-PG, CC

5:00 AM *We Were Strangers* (1949)

A Cuban American returns to his homeland during the Revolution and becomes involved in an assassination attempt. Cast: Jennifer Jones, John Garfield, Pedro Armendariz. Dir: John Huston. BW-106 mins, TV-PG, CC

7:00 AM *Ruby Gentry* (1952)

A tempestuous girl from the swamps ignites passions when she moves into the business world. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Charlton Heston, Karl Malden. Dir: King Vidor. BW-82 mins, TV-14

8:30 AM *Indiscretion Of An American Wife* (1954)

An American woman tries to break it off with her Italian lover. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Montgomery Clift, Richard Beymer. Dir: Vittorio De Sica. BW-63 mins, TV-PG

10:00 AM *The Barretts Of Wimpole Street* (1957)

Poet Elizabeth Barrett defies her tyrannical father for the love of Robert Browning. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Bill Travers, John Gielgud. Dir: Sidney Franklin. C-105 mins, TV-G, CC, Letterbox Format

12:00 PM *Since You Went Away* (1944)

A mother and wife struggle to cope while her husband is off serving in World War II. Cast: Claudette Colbert, Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten. Dir: John Cromwell. BW-177 mins, TV-G, CC

3:00 PM *Love Letters* (1945)

A soldier falls for the woman who may have killed his best friend. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, Gladys Cooper. Dir: William Dieterle. BW-101 mins, TV-14

5:00 PM *Portrait of Jennie* (1948)

An artist discovers his gift when he falls for a beautiful ghost. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Joseph Cotten, Ethel Barrymore. Dir: William Dieterle. BW-86 mins, TV-PG, CC

6:30 PM *Carrie* (1952)

A married man's passion for a young woman leads to tragedy. Cast: Laurence Olivier, Jennifer Jones, Eddie Albert. Dir: William Wyler. BW-118 mins,

8:45 PM *Beat The Devil* (1954)

A group of con artists stake their claim on a bogus uranium mine. Cast: Humphrey Bogart, Gina Lollobrigida, Jennifer Jones. Dir: John Huston. BW-93 mins, TV-PG

10:30 PM *Good Morning, Miss Dove* (1955)

A devoted teacher sacrifices personal happiness to stay with her students. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Robert Stack, Marshall Thompson. Dir: Henry Koster. C-107 mins,

12:30 AM *Duel In The Sun* (1946)

A fiery half-breed comes between a rancher's good and evil sons. Cast: Jennifer Jones, Gregory Peck, Joseph Cotten. Dir: King Vidor. C-144 mins, TV-14

Yes, that ballroom scene is very dizzying and ooh lala.

My favorite of hers is "Love Letters." When her drunken bum of a husband throws the letters into the fireplace and she reaches in to pull them out...oh man, heartbreaking.

I'm a big fan of hers.

• 3 weeks later...