Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GWTW Named All Time Favorite in Poll

MissGoddess

Good Evening, ButtersneakGRACE -- yeah i cant see sweet april setting anyone on fire

You can say that again. :D

....that would be like seeing audrey hepburn not eating anything when getting nervous in Charade. heehee!

Or like a silly girl not eating fattening food until they go on vacation.

Smithy naturally caused Paula to stop breathing when he strangled her and then buried her in the courtyard.

i personally cant see any of that happening in Random Harvest. honestly. maybe in Shadow of a Doubt. heehee!

You must have fast-forwarded through half of Random Harvest. The meaning behind the title is that Smithy randomly harvests victims. Paula has to go undercover as a secretary to try and catch Smithy, but will she become his next victim? It's rather compelling. You really need to watch the film without using the FF button.

Like a Texas girl has any chance of showing no emotion at all. Now I've heard it all. Such stubbornness.

phew you are really having fun murdering poor sweet april and me tonight arent you?

I'm not a Smithy. I'm not a murderer.

You can marry your serial killer dreamboat, if you like. I was merely trying to warn you about his murderous "love."

mamma mia! heehee! smithy and mr darcy are the sweetest kindest dreamboats......and MELODY! i cant forget about my melody jones. do you truely think smithy could be capable of even handling a knife? he would probably get so confused, he would end up dropping it on the floor. poor baby!

I think he'd "drop it" in a guy's back.

randomharvest1-1.jpg

randomharvest2-1.jpg

manwhoknewtoomuch1.jpg

randomharvest3-1.jpg

randomharvest4-1.jpg

You can say that again.

he's here april! wait for it....wait for it......he just needs to take a couple more steps.

Or like a silly girl not eating fattening food until they go on vacation.

heehee! very funny! forget the wait, grab the bucket and dump it!

You must have fast-forwarded through half of Random Harvest. The meaning behind the title is that Smithy randomly harvests victims. Paula has to go undercover as a secretary to try and catch Smithy, but will she become his next victim? It's rather compelling. You really need to watch the film without using the FF button.

you just insulted my favorite movie! i would never use the fast-forward button on Random Harvest.i havent seen the beginning huh? i have it memorized! and nowhere do i see smithy randomly harvesting victims.....he isnt jack the ripper! paula was his "motherly help", you said so yourself, but i still dont think of it that way. goodness!

I'm not a Smithy. I'm not a murderer.

not that we know of! oh im sory are you still here frankie? heehee!

I think he'd "drop it" in a guy's back.

smithy is hearing all of this and he is so heart broken by what you are saying about him. poor smithy! paula is going to give him a big hug now, he needs it!

Ciao, Miss Traitoress -- Rhett and I set it on fire with our love. Then he

rebuilt if for me with his ill-gotten gains. What a man!

You're lying once again! Such falsehoods. Like many a night, you turned Rhett away

because of your love for some British Sir Snob. The scorched cat is out of the

bag -- all of your Gone with the Wind love has been a farce from the

beginning. You turned your back on Rhett and your Tara for something far

more trashy. You should be ASHAMED! You should change your screen

name because the once lovely Miss Goddess is no longer. I weep.

I don't know but that I still think he could be Bronxie's "mystery" creature...

Let's check the list:

1. He was "friendly" and docile.

I'm definitely very "friendly" and docile. I'd add sweet, kind, and loving, too. :P

2. He seemed responsive and followed me like a puppy.

I do like Bronxie.

3. He had no spidery legs that were spread out.

I don't have spidery legs that spread out, but I believe someone else on this

board does. :P

4. I could feel him "looking" at me.

I do like to look. It's much more fun to stand and watch versus start something.

5. He had a shell that didn't cover him completely.

I'm very shy but I like to peek.

6. He seemed crustacean in appearance, but not like a traditional crab.

I'm caucasian in appearance, but I'm a traditional gentleman. Well, that eliminates me.

If he's the abominable snowman (he's certainly the first part) then all we have to

do is turn up the heat and that will take care of him!

You better not stand too close to that fire, Manhattan Blizzard. Those icy

shoulders of yours may start to drip. We can't have that now, can we?

he's here april! wait for it....wait for it......he just needs to take a couple more steps.

It's time to send you away to the "dollhouse." They will help you get rid of your imaginary

doll there.

you just insulted my favorite movie! i would never use the fast-forward button on Random Harvest.i havent seen the beginning huh? i have it memorized! and nowhere do i see smithy randomly harvesting victims.....he isnt jack the ripper! paula was his "motherly help", you said so yourself, but i still dont think of it that way. goodness!

randomharvest5-1.jpg

randomharvest6.jpg

randomharvest7.jpg

randomharvest8.jpg

My mystery creature could indeed be anything -- even Frank!

FG -- were you renumerating my list because YOU are the adorable scuttling puppy-dogish pseudo-crustacean thingie that followed me down Glades Road?? You meet all the criteria, except I don't know if you have grasshopper hind legs.

FG -- were you renumerating my list because YOU are the adorable scuttling puppy-dogish pseudo-crustacean thingie that followed me down Glades Road?? You meet all the criteria, except I don't know if you have grasshopper hind legs.

I'd follow you down Glades Road, Bronxie. But you'd quickly have me arrested and sent to some British society prison where they neuter guys with Pride and Prejudice viewings. I heard the "A Clockwork Orange" ball does serious damage.

Hello, Droog.

Look closely at the UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN clip.....closely.....closely.....you feel yourself getting calm and relaxed....all male aggression and violence has left your body....

(this is the film, not P&P or GWTW or CD with Sam the Pickle Man,, that will turn you (as Dolly Parton says so eloquently in NINE TO FIVE) from a rooster to a hen with remarkable alacrity)

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

You're lying once again! Such falsehoods. Like many a night, you turned Rhett away

because of your love for some British Sir Snob. The scorched cat is out of the

bag -- all of your Gone with the Wind love has been a farce from the

beginning. You turned your back on Rhett and your Tara for something far

more trashy. You should be ASHAMED! You should change your screen

name because the once lovely Miss Goddess is no longer. I weep.

I am highly insulted, Suh, by yoar lyin' Yankee backtalk. Mistah Buck Cantrell will meet you and yoar Second at fuhst light 'neath tha Duelin' Oaks. Gentlemen's weapons, of course.

I don't know but that I still think he could be Bronxie's "mystery" creature...

Let's check the list:

1. He was "friendly" and docile.

I'm definitely very "friendly" and docile. I'd add sweet, kind, and loving, too.

2. He seemed responsive and followed me like a puppy.

I do like Bronxie.

3. He had no spidery legs that were spread out.

I don't have spidery legs that spread out, but I believe someone else on this

board does.

4. I could feel him "looking" at me.

I do like to look. It's much more fun to stand and watch versus start something.

5. He had a shell that didn't cover him completely.

I'm very shy but I like to peek.

6. He seemed crustacean in appearance, but not like a traditional crab.

So far so good.

I'm caucasian in appearance, but I'm a traditional gentleman. Well, that eliminates me.

You eliminated the TRUTH! Who's a "traditional gentleman"! You are sir are no gentleman.

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Hello, Droog.

>

> Look closely at the UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN clip.....closely.....closely.....you feel yourself getting calm and relaxed....all male aggression and violence has left your body....

>

>

> (this is the film, not P&P or GWTW or CD with Sam the Pickle Man,, that will turn you (as Dolly Parton says so eloquently in NINE TO FIVE) from a rooster to a hen with remarkable alacrity)

>

> Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Ha haaaa! I think between me, Pyewacket, Miss Texas Tea and Bronxie, ONE of our spells just has to have the right effect.

Enjoying yourself, Mr. Burns?

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}

> Or he might turn into Olga Baclanova's monster from FREAKS.

>

> Hey Frank -- "Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble, one of us, one of us!"

I've never been able to watch that movie all the way through so I'm not sure if I'd think the character resembles Mr Grimes. At any rate, we seem to have pushed him into his SHELL because we haven't had a peep out of him! :P

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> I may peep a little later on this afternoon, Tara Hater.

I am NOT a Tara Hater. And you're not even supposed to be here. Oh oh, don't tell me Buck Cantrell is...is....NOoooooooooooooooo!!! And I thought he was such a good shot.

Hi, Trashy Girl -- Well thanks a lot for that little photo montage-I saw it

while I was at work and I almost peed myself. And just as I was building some

serious street cred, too.

That got a laugh out of me but I remain dry. Keep it up, and that may change.

Howdy, Bronx Blossom -- Hello, Droog.

:D

Look closely at the UNDER THE TUSCAN SUN clip.....closely.....closely.....you

feel yourself getting calm and relaxed....all male aggression and violence has left

your body....

(this is the film, not P&P or GWTW or CD with Sam the Pickle Man,, that will turn

you (as Dolly Parton says so eloquently in NINE TO FIVE) from a rooster to a hen

with remarkable alacrity)

I still cannot envision Under the Tuscan Sun being more of a "neutering" film

than Pride and Prejudice. Do I at least see some female skin in Under the

Tuscan Sun. Maybe a bathing suit, perhaps? I bet I see nothing but gowns in

Pride and Prejudice. Blah!

Hey Frank -- "Gooble-gobble, gooble-gobble, one of us, one of us!"

I really thought Gone with the Wind was the worst, but all this Vanity

Fair and Pride and Prejudice stuff has me thinking differently now. I'm

actually starting to believe Gone with the Wind may be halfway decent.

Ciao, Miss Pomp and Priss -- yeah i cant see sweet april setting anyone on fire

You can say that again.

I don't think I like the sound of that.

Well then don't think it, Icy G. :P

I am highly insulted, Suh, by yoar lyin' Yankee backtalk. Mistah Buck Cantrell

will meet you and yoar Second at fuhst light 'neath tha Duelin' Oaks. Gentlemen's

weapons, of course.

Do I have to post No Country for Old Men caps now? Must I?

You eliminated the TRUTH! Who's a "traditional gentleman"! You are sir are no

gentleman.

No, I'm not a gentleman. I'm a "traditional" gentleman. Big difference. "Traditional

gentleman" enjoy psychos, gallons of blood, and decapitations. We are quite

traditional.

Ha haaaa! I think between me, Pyewacket, Miss Texas Tea and Bronxie, ONE of

our spells just has to have the right effect.

What's the "right effect"? Is it to neuter me?

Enjoying yourself, Mr. Burns?

Not yet.

I am NOT a Tara Hater.

You're a Tara deserter. You left the plantation. And for what, Russell Square? Are

you kidding me? Thankfully, I'll save Tara from burning down with all my tears.

O' where has Miss Goddess gone? She has taken leave of us and I fear she shall

never return home. The sun has set. There'll never be a tomorrow.

And you're not even supposed to be here. Oh oh, don't tell me Buck Cantrell is...is....NOoooooooooooooooo!!! And I thought he was such a good shot.

:P

You're a Tara deserter. You left the plantation. And for what, Russell Square? Are

you kidding me? Thankfully, I'll save Tara from burning down with all my tears.

O' where has Miss Goddess gone? She has taken leave of us and I fear she shall

never return home. The sun has set. There'll never be a tomorrow.

Well, Sweet Tea (aka "Miss P&P"), it looks like Jane Austen is starting to have an effect on him, even if our spells haven't. He's actually taking to writing in proper English. And did you notice the reference to Russell Square? What's an English-hater like FrankGrimes doing even knowing what a Russell Square is or where. :P

I suspect, Mr Grimes, you protest too much.

And did you notice the reference to Russell Square? What's an English-hater like FrankGrimes doing even knowing what a Russell Square is or where.

That's because some silly girl attempted to blind me with such trash. I nearly passed out. Why would a Southern belle abandon Tara for Russell Square? There is no bigger travesty than such. Even my eyes are crying deep in the broken heart of Texas.

I suspect, Mr Grimes, you protest too much.

I dare say not.

That's because some silly girl attempted to blind me with such trash. I nearly passed out. Why would a Southern belle abandon Tara for Russell Square? There is no bigger travesty than such. Even my eyes are crying deep in the broken heart of Texas.

Let's get one thing straight, Pilgrim---I never, ever suggested you should read/watch or otherwise have anything to do with Vanity Fair. For your information, VF is Scarlett's favorite novel, the only one she ever reads SO THERE. Why on earth do you think she went down into the library in the first place????

I dare say not.

Well, La-di-da! I daresay all you Yankees always sadly misconstrue us poor, simple country girls from down South. :(

scarlettashley.jpg

Vanity Fair is actually the story of a less than reputable woman's climb to the heights of society , and is a satire of the "prissy" genre that you think you are being subjected to. The main character is a sort of Gloria Grahame type (I can't believe I'm writing this). P&P is also a satire. Perhaps your view will change if you know that... but I doubt it. :)

Under the Tuscan Sun would probably be more pleasurable for you than for any intelligent woman. It is masquerading as a women's picture, with the heroine going off "on her own" after a bitter divorce. But the resulting movie has a rather misogynistic slant. I don't think the film-makers meant it to be that way, but somehow it comes out ....well, yucky. The main character is a weak mess, because of her divorce from her really unworthy husband. She _should_ find happiness and a sense of self in learning to fix up her house in Italy. Instead, the movie is about how she learns that she is Diane Lane- and looks smashing in a white dress. If you are Diane Lane, you can find love... and that is the most important thing to us little girls, isn't it?

OK. I am stepping down off my irritable soapbox.

Hiya, Jackie -- Vanity Fair is actually the story of a less than reputable woman's climb to the heights of society , and is a satire of the "prissy" genre that you think you are being subjected to. The main character is a sort of Gloria Grahame type (I can't believe I'm writing this). P&P is also a satire. Perhaps your view will change if you know that... but I doubt it.

You have such great faith in me. :)

A less-than-reputable woman? Now I understand why a certain someone lists it as their second favorite book.

So Pride and Prejudice is not a dreamland story for girly-girls? It lacks priss? And did you say Gloria Grahame plays "Elizabeth Bennet"?

Under the Tuscan Sun would probably be more pleasurable for you than for any intelligent woman. It is masquerading as a women's picture, with the heroine going off "on her own" after a bitter divorce. But the resulting movie has a rather misogynistic slant. I don't think the film-makers meant it to be that way, but somehow it comes out ....well, yucky. The main character is a weak mess, because of her divorce from her really unworthy husband. She should find happiness and a sense of self in learning to fix up her house in Italy. Instead, the movie is about how she learns that she is Diane Lane- and looks smashing in a white dress. If you are Diane Lane, you can find love... and that is the most important thing to us little girls, isn't it?

OK. I am stepping down off my irritable soapbox.

That was good, Jackie! But I'm not an intelligent woman. Is there such a thing, by the way? :P:P I'm an unthinking, unfeeling man who only cares about one thing.

Howdy, Intelligent Woman Who Abandoned Her Simple Home (for shame) -- Let's get one thing straight, Pilgrim---I never, ever suggested you should read/watch or otherwise have anything to do with Vanity Fair. For your information, VF is Scarlett's favorite novel, the only one she ever reads SO THERE. Why on earth do you think she went down into the library in the first place????

So how is it that I ended up reading about Vanity Fair then? It seems as if I was sent there by an "intelligent" woman who has lost her way home. A WOMAN who is gone with the wind.

Scarlett thought the library was where the men held their "political meetings."

Well, La-di-da! I daresay all you Yankees always sadly misconstrue us poor, simple country girls from down South.

:P

gonewiththewind1-1.jpg

gonewiththewind2-1.jpg