Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GWTW Named All Time Favorite in Poll

MissGoddess

So how is it that I ended up reading about Vanity Fair then? It seems as if I was sent there by an "intelligent" woman who has lost her way home. A WOMAN who is gone with the wind.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME! I NEVER said and never would say that I thought I was an intelligent woman. I'm mighty flattered if YOU think so, but I certainly lay no claim to any such thing. I simply said Vanity Fair was my favorite novel and my goodness, you kick up such a fuss! Calling me names, a traitor to my beloved Tara and to Rhett and the whole universe practically. Theresa! Where are you??? I think you must have done something to her because she asked you mighty politely to please watch Pride and Prejudice. But I guess that insulted your manhood somehow. Tsk tsk and quadruple shame.

You Dutch Yankees are such a prissy, hysterical bunch. Rhett Butler would never make a fuss like you do. But then, he was a Southerner and thinks like I do.

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME! I NEVER said and never

would say that I thought I was an intelligent woman. I'm mighty flattered if YOU

think so, but I certainly lay no claim to any such thing.

Jackie is the one who thinks you are intelligent for liking Vanity Fair. If

abandoning heart and home is intelligent then you are the most intelligent

WOMAN in the world. I'm heartbroken. I don't know if I'll ever get over this.

I need to go see Belle. She's a REAL woman with a heart, not a phony British

society girl with a "brain."

Now who wrote this?:

Not that I like rubbing it in....BUT I DO!!!

Gone with the Wind---the novel by Margaret Mitchell---was just named in a poll as

the favorite book after The Bible by Americans:

What are you rubbing in? You're not one of the Americans who thinks "Gone with

the Wind" is the second best book. Your words above led me to believe you were

one, but alas, you ain't. The only thing you rubbed in was Rhett's nose in the muck.

Even though I knew you were wrongheaded for liking "Gone with the Wind," I still

respected your Southern belle roots. I found it to be rather charming. What a

fool I was to believe in such a princessy story. It pains me to know, there's not going

to be a tomorrow.

I simply said Vanity Fair was my favorite novel and my goodness, you kick up

such a fuss! Calling me names, a traitor to my beloved Tara and to Rhett and the

whole universe practically.

Simply?! You just "simply" turn your back on Rhett and Tara? That makes it

even worse. I never thought your shoulders could get any more icy than they

already are, but here we are. You are cold.

Theresa! Where are you???

You know what YOU did to her. You killed her. Her sweet little heart could not

take the news of you being a "Gone with the Wind" fraud. I tried to lessen the pain

for her by speaking of her favorite Smithy in such loving terms, but even my strong,

loving effort couldn't save Sweet T. I tried, but the damage you caused was done.

Her sweet little ticker stopped pitter-pattering. It just couldn't take the pain any longer.

I think you must have done something to her because she asked you mighty

politely to please watch Pride and Prejudice. But I guess that insulted your

manhood somehow. Tsk tsk and quadruple shame.

I have been nothing but sweet to Sweet T. I spend a lot of time discussing her

favorite films like Random Harvest and The Valley of Decision. I just

wish she wouldn't like such trashy films. I'm not into gory serial killer films or

amoral homewrecker films. I've got very high standards. That's why I find your

heartless actions to abandon Rhett, Bonnie Blue, and Tara for prim and proper

to be disGRACEful. The world knows no hurt as I feel right now. I'm afraid to say,

the once lovely Goddess has chosen to be no more. Well, you just go to your

precious little England. Just go! Go! Go now! Go!

You Dutch Yankees are such a prissy, hysterical bunch. Rhett Butler would never

make a fuss like you do. But then, he was a Southerner and thinks like I do.

gonewiththewind7-1.jpg

gonewiththewind8-1.jpg

gonewiththewind3-1.jpg

Poor, sweet, little Bonnie couldn't take the news that her Goddess didn't love her.

gonewiththewind9-1.jpg

gonewiththewind4-1.jpg

gonewiththewind5-1.jpg

gonewiththewind6-1.jpg

Jackie is the one who thinks you are intelligent for liking Vanity Fair. If abandoning heart and home is intelligent then you are the most intelligent WOMAN in the world. I'm heartbroken. I don't know if I'll ever get over this. I need to go see Belle. She's a REAL woman with a heart, not a phony British society girl with a "brain."

All this because I said I like Vanity Fair. What an hysteric it is.

Simply?! You just "simply" turn your back on Rhett and Tara? That makes it even worse. I never thought your shoulders could get any more icy than they already are, but here we are. You are cold.

Those are your words not mine---you must be one of those devious Philadelphia lawyers who takes a poor country girl's words and twists them all around to suit their own ends. This is persecution!!

Well, you just go to your precious little England. Just go! Go! Go now! Go!

GWTWwhydidnttheyhangyou.jpg?t=1208011472

FG should listen to you.

I used to listen to women but now that I've been burned by the former Miss Scarlett, I've turned reluctant. There was one thing I thought I could count on in this world and that was the Goddess placing "Gone with the Wind" on a pedestal. Now that I have learned the truth about her being nothing but a phony, I'm a shaken man. I don't know what to believe anymore. Everything has turned dark. There is no tomorrow.

Whippersnapper, this may be before your time:

Yes, that song came out before I started to listen to music, but I do like Fleetwood Mac

and that song. I have a Fleetwood Mac greatest cd. Sweet T may know my favorite of theirs. It's one of my very favorite songs from the 80s.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WcqrQg0lFwQ&feature=related

Becky Sharp/Vanity Fair?! Blech! And this is what women consider to be "intelligent"? Everything is starting to become quite clear to me now. And did you see how that trailer starts off? Such masculinity. Gone with the Wind actually looks less like a chick flick compared to that abomination. I've got to get to a "political meeting" in the Tuscan sun mighty fast now.

I tried to lessen the pain for her by speaking of her favorite Smithy in such loving terms

"Jack the Ripper"

Beautiful Technicolor, Bronxgirl. I love the costumes in "Becky Sharp" and I think Nigel Bruce is just great as Jos.

Thank you for backing me up in my fit of pique. I must say in it's defense, Under the Tuscan Sun has some pretty scenery (and I am including Raoul Bova, as the gorgeous Marcello).

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> FG should listen to you.

>

> I used to listen to women but now that I've been burned by the former Miss Scarlett, I've turned reluctant. There was one thing I thought I could count on in this world and that was the Goddess placing "Gone with the Wind" on a pedestal. Now that I have learned the truth about her being nothing but a phony, I'm a shaken man. I don't know what to believe anymore. Everything has turned dark. There is no tomorrow.

Life is but an empty bubble. I have been betrayed by someone who sanctimoniously claimed to be a TRADITIONAL GENTLEMAN but who is in fact a very modernly disrespecter of innocent females. Please!...Don't try to apologize or make up, you can never atone for it. I don't know why I should be surprised, you've behaved very badly before.

ST077.jpg?t=1208027830

Life is but an empty bubble. I have been betrayed by someone who sanctimoniously claimed to be a TRADITIONAL GENTLEMAN but who is in fact a very modernly disrespecter of innocent females. Please!

I would never disrespect an innocent female. It's the guilty ones I disrespect. Especially the ones who have deceived me. The ones who have taken advantage of my loving trust.

Don't try to apologize or make up, you can never atone for it. I don't know why I should be surprised, you've behaved very badly before.

Apologize? To use the word of a former classy lady, "Ha!"

The scar on the side of your head is from you losing your mind. Sadly, I now know there is no scar on your chest. You have no heart to scar. You never did. :(:P

separatetables1.jpg

You took advantage of me, with your twisty lawerly big city ways.

I didn't put any deceitful words in your mouth. I did not wish to have my heart broken. If I'm guilty of anything, it's that I was damn foolish to believe you were a sweet Gone with the Windy Southern belle. Sweet T had been trying and trying to convince me of this despite my severe reluctance. Finally, I gave in. I figured Sweet T couldn't be wrong. She just couldn't be. Well, I cannot blame Sweet T for falling under your spell. It is I who needs to accept responsbility for being so naive, so foolish. I put the "Gone with the Wind" noose around my own neck, only to see a "Vanity Fair" "woman" hang me. I deserve my fate. I deserve my darkness.

I had only good intentions in starting this thread and sharing the wonderful news that many Americans, including me, adore this book.

Not that I like rubbing it in....BUT I DO!!! -- Miss Good Intentions

My intentions of believing in you were just as good. A harsh lesson has been learned.

separatetables2.jpg

Oh stop being so dramatic! I wonder what happened to MR OPEN MIND? You always brag, brag brag how open minded you are and criticize me for not being that way so I venture to say I like a book that's English and you go all to pieces. You are very narrow minded I must say. Tsk tsk. I've broadened my horizons and you are just a Yankee reactionary underneath in sheep's clothing.

ST093.jpg?t=1208032581

Oh stop being so dramatic!

I learned from the best. ;)

I wonder what happened to MR OPEN MIND? You always brag, brag brag how open minded you are and criticize me for not being that way so I venture to say I like a book that's English and you go all to pieces. You are very narrow minded I must say. Tsk tsk. I've broadened my horizons and you are just a Yankee reactionary underneath in sheep's clothing.

So are you saying I'm being just as deceitful as you when I claim that I am very open-minded? Do you really want to step into that minefield?

How is it that your liking of trashy Jane Austen novels means you have expanded your horizons? You've always liked them. That's not news. It's also not the reason why my heart breaks so. I lost all my faith in you when I learned "Gone with the Wind" was not #2 for you. You certainly did rub it in, Becky Sharp (you are no longer Scarlett). You rubbed the break right into my heart. I always thought it was impossible to remove the sweet, little Southern belle from the Goddess, but I was wrong. Painfully wrong.