Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GWTW Named All Time Favorite in Poll

MissGoddess

You have no heart to break. And you're holding my past against me. Jackie just very astutely pointed out who it was who landed the role of Scarlett and you had said she was your favorite girl character in movies. You are just mean and trying to be tricky. I admit I'm not mean enough to banter words with the likes of you. This conversation's gone far enough. I'm going to the only man who understands me.

vivandleslie.jpg

You have no heart to break.

I've been told. I've also been told to "go to the devil" many a time, too.

And you're holding my past against me.

That's impossible. There's too much of it for one man to hold. :P:P

Jackie just very astutely pointed out who it was who landed the role of Scarlett and you had said she was your favorite girl character in movies.

I adore Scarlett. I just wish you did too, Becky Sharp. Maybe another lovely Southern belle will come along one of these days to fill your vacant high heels.

I admit I'm not mean enough to banter words with the likes of you.

You may admit to such a thing, but I do not accept such admittance. Your meanness is unmatched.

This conversation's gone far enough. I'm going to the only man who understands me.

Ashley doesn't want you either, Becky. You better go poison Sedley at some pomp ball. I'm sure he'll be glad to see all of your faces.

You are just mean and trying to be tricky.

I would never do such a thing. I'm a traditional gentleman. A traditional gentleman whose respect for you has increased thanks to you actually having the courage to admit you like "Vanity Fair" more than "Gone with the Wind." :D;):P:P

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> It's now a musical on the West End:

>

> I'm sure that would be a very different Gone with the Wind experience. Have you ever

> seen a different incarnation of Gone with the Wind. Something tells me you would be

> extra critical of such an event.

Yes, if you count Carol Burnett's send up. And I loved it!

I don't know about this though. I saw the actress in a musical here on Broadway this season but I'm not familiar with the guy. So many musicals staged lately are just reworkings of previous movies or tv shows and so far I haven't really enjoyed them. But then, I'm not a big fan of musicals.

> {quote:title=FrankGrimes wrote:}{quote}

> But then, I'm not a big fan of musicals.

>

> Maybe there's still hope for you after all.

Shhhh.....Don't tell Miss Butterscotch! I'll be forever lost from her good graces.

Raoul Bova looked delicious, but I was also having the warmies for married, gentle, wise Martini.

If you were about 8 months pregnant like Sandra was, would you immediately fly to Tuscany?

Just because your lover dumped you and you had to bond with your best bud Diane?

If you were ready to pop with child, like Sandra, would you immediately fly from San Francisco to Italy to bond with your best girlfriend, just because your lover dumped you??

You don't go, girl.

Message was edited by: Bronxgirl48

Shhhh.....Don't tell Miss Butterscotch! I'll be forever lost from her good graces.

Are you kidding me? She needs to know the truth. She needs to know just how bad of an

influence you truly are. But I fear Smithy has strangled Sweet T. She has suddenly

disappeared. You and Smithy were the last to have been with her. I can't imagine

you doing something horr... wait a minute. What have you done with sweet and innocent

Butterscotch?

> {quote:title=Bronxgirl48 wrote:}{quote}> There's just something about Italian men....

Do either of you ladies feel as I do about the ending of Under the Tuscan Sun? I mean about WHO she ends up with? After being surrounded by all that gorgeous Italian....scenery....she chose THAT? I think that's what really bothered me most about the movie.

Well, Sweet Tea (aka "Miss P&P"), it looks like Jane Austen is starting to have an effect on him, even if our spells haven't. He's actually taking to writing in proper English. And did you notice the reference to Russell Square? What's an English-hater like FrankGrimes doing even knowing what a Russell Square is or where.

miss P&P? i like that one! heehee! i like mrs. darcy too. heehee! it must be jane austen! he wasnt on our spell at this time, b/c i wasnt here! jane is our new secret weapon against the honey ratty dutchman! i knew i always loved miss austen. heehee! actually i did before i knew him. heehee! this is true, he is an english-hater! he hates my elizabeth bennett AND mr, darcy! how could even honey boy hate them? they are some of the best characters ever......they dont evne seem like characters to me! like scarlett and rhett, they are so real! and frankie has to go hating them. i have tears coming! ;)

I suspect, Mr Grimes, you protest too much.

how truer can this statement be? i think he just needs a little more love and discipline!

okay jackie, i found the rope! april get the chocolate, and jackie, you get the devil's food cake to gag him! heehee!

So Pride and Prejudice is not a dreamland story for girly-girls? It lacks priss? And did you say Gloria Grahame plays "Elizabeth Bennet"?

(GASPS)!!!!!!! (runs to my bedroom and throws myself onto my bed in tears!) heehee!

this is true, he is an english-hater!

I love Hitch and Alma! Maddy Carroll is a doll! Cary Grant is my second favorite actor. I'm definitely not an English hater. I merely dislike the priss and proper.

he hates my elizabeth bennett AND mr, darcy! how could even honey boy hate them? they are some of the best characters ever......they dont evne seem like characters to me! like scarlett and rhett, they are so real! and frankie has to go hating them. i have tears coming!

Real characters are Max Cady and Norman Bates. Don't you just love them?

i think he just needs a little more love and discipline!

Your brand of love and discipline is me going to a British ball with a bunch of snobs.

So Pride and Prejudice is not a dreamland story for girly-girls? It lacks priss? And did you say Gloria Grahame plays "Elizabeth Bennet"?

(GASPS)!!!!!!! (runs to my bedroom and throws myself onto my bed in tears!) heehee!

Do you always giggle when you cry? Is this what Jane Austen taught you gals to do? Y'all messed up.

I love Hitch and Alma! Maddy Carroll is a doll! Cary Grant is my second favorite actor. I'm definitely not an English hater. I merely dislike the priss and proper.

yes you are! you need miss jane austen to spruce you up a bit. maybe elizabeth bennett could whipe you into shape. i know if they cant, me and april could certainly do such a deed!

they may be to you, but they scare me to death. if i had watched those movies last night, i would have never gotten to sleep. the only reason i think of those guys as real, is b/c after i see them in the movie, they are still in my mind as psychotic as they are, haunting me!

Your brand of love and discipline is me going to a British ball with a bunch of snobs.

yes! it might make you a bit more......gallant. heehee! you are rough enough as it is. heehee!

i actually just bought a floor length dress. it looks exactly like the evening dress style katherine hepburn and loretta young wore in the '30s. i look so classy in it and now i finally have bought a formal dress to wear to my first ball......actually that would be in my dreams heehee, its only for my graduation that was suppose to be last year. heehee!

Do you always giggle when you cry? Is this what Jane Austen taught you gals to do? Y'all messed up.

wehn im with you, not only do i get migranes, but i also laugh so hard that i start crying. heehee! jane austen was a perfect role model thank you very much!

yes you are! you need miss jane austen to spruce you up a bit. maybe elizabeth bennett could whipe you into shape. i know if they cant, me and april could certainly do such a deed!

You and your imaginary friend would have me sipping tea at some snobby ball while wearing a silly outfit.

they may be to you, but they scare me to death. if i had watched those movies last night, i would have never gotten to sleep. the only reason i think of those guys as real, is b/c after i see them in the movie, they are still in my mind as psychotic as they are, haunting me!

That's exactly how I feel about Pride and Prejudice. I don't want to be haunted by such psychotic trash.

i actually just bought a floor length dress. it looks exactly like the evening dress style katherine hepburn and loretta young wore in the '30s. i look so classy in it and now i finally have bought a formal dress to wear to my first ball......actually that would be in my dreams heehee, its only for my graduation that was suppose to be last year. heehee!

This is what those trashy Austen novels do to girls like you. You're probably going to bowl in your gown and go skiing in your gown and climb rocks in your gown. Sigh. What color is it? :D

wehn im with you, not only do i get migranes, but i also laugh so hard that i start crying. heehee!

I better increase my insult dosage for you.

jane austen was a perfect role model thank you very much!

Prissy!

Meathead..... oh, yeah, he looked awful! Good grief, she might as well have stayed in America! What a waste of Italian machismo.

Dedgdvils Fodd Cake?munch munch.... Ooops.(Gulp) Sorry. I ate it, sweet Butterscotch.......glad you're back, in your lovely gown--- tell us all about it!