Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

GWTW Named All Time Favorite in Poll

MissGoddess

You and your imaginary friend would have me sipping tea at some snobby ball while wearing a silly outfit.

hey i think all men look handsome in a tuxedo. i think you should try one on...i bet my imaginary friend would think you are handsome in it too....and a little tea never hurts anyone, it better not by the amount that sweet april and i drink. heehee!

That's exactly how I feel about Pride and Prejudice. I don't want to be haunted by such psychotic trash.

would you please enlighten me on why exactly would pride and prejudice be haunting you? i could understand norman bates haunting me, by stabbing me in the shower, but what would elizabeth bennett do to you, tie you to a chair and make you listen to mozart all day? gee, that actually sounds like a plan! mozart is so much better for you instead of rap, silly goose.

This is what those trashy Austen novels do to girls like you. You're probably going to bowl in your gown and go skiing in your gown and climb rocks in your gown. Sigh. What color is it?

heehee! thats funny. i wouldnt ever climb rocks in this gown! i wear my workout clothes to do that silly. i think i would freeze in this gown while skiing too. what do you mean by sighing at me like that? thats my job! heehee!

its black by the way. i looooove the style of it, b/c it was soooooo 30s, but they didnt have it in any other color. there was a blue dress that i would rather have gotten, but the front was a v-neck and a little too low. heehee! the sleeves are a sash with silver beads stretching across my shoulders and chest and hanging down in the back. its so pretty, just like something loretta young would have worn in The Unguarded Hour or something from one of her movies with ty power. im a happy little trooper. heehee!

I better increase my insult dosage for you.

oh no! so overwhelming as it is! heehee! i have a feeling i might die of migranes haeding my way! ;)

Prissy!

that makes me giggle! my other grandma used to call me little miss prissy all the time....it still slips up every once in a while. heehee!

so RATTY to you to! heehee

Dedgdvils Fodd Cake?munch munch.... Ooops.(Gulp) Sorry. I ate it!

oh yes he loves devil's food cake. dont you remember? he loves pinching them at our tea parties! heehee! he must not get pais enough as our butler, b/c he feels the need to do this quite frequently. heehee!

thats okay, i just happen to have a spar cake in the fridge. you just feel then eed to eat the rest of that cake and enjoy yourself! you deserve it, especially from the dutchman furter picking on us so much. goodness!

sweet Butterscotch.......glad you're back, in your lovely gown--- tell us all about it

well i have gotten very friendly with the owner of this dress boutique, b/c she designedd every dress in it, and we have talked a lot aboutdress designing b/c i make my own dresses too, but i wanted to buy an extravagant one for a change. heehee! i got it for my small graduation that is suppose to be this year, but i graduated last year and we didnt know it until just recently. its a long story... heehee!...i decided to celebrate with the rest of my class that i graduated the 8th grade with, since i didnt go to a real high school, so they invited me to all their real graduations. :) since i didnt ever get a real one for myself, my parents and both sets of grandparents are taking me to the Driskol Hotel, which is very extravagant and fancy, for dinner and they let me get a formal dress, since i never got to go to prom(i was homeschooled). its very funny, b/c the owner of the boutique gave her opinion on my dress and she commented, "you dont looke like a college student anymore in that dress." she is just the sweetest person really! heehee!

ill have to show yall pics of this dress. it is so pretty!

Sweet Tea, your gown sounds absolutely gorgeous and I do hope you PM a picture. I think it is going to be the most glamorous graduation celebration in Texas. :)

would you please enlighten me on why exactly would pride and prejudice be haunting you? i could understand norman bates haunting me, by stabbing me in the shower, but what would elizabeth bennett do to you, tie you to a chair and make you listen to mozart all day? gee, that actually sounds like a plan! mozart is so much better for you instead of rap, silly goose.

I'm STILL laughing at this picture and will be for quite a while, I'm sure!

Sweet Tea, your gown sounds absolutely gorgeous and I do hope you PM a picture. I think it is going to be the most glamorous graduation celebration in Texas.

well it will be a small graduation, but i hope it is a good one. heehee! i dont think it will be that glamorous though, but thank you. you looked mighty glamorous in that pic i have of you in the black dress if i say so myself......and dont disagree, b/c we will be arguing all night. heehee!

I'm STILL laughing at this picture and will be for quite a while, I'm sure!

well i had to think of something new. heehee!

I'm still laughing! :D

My dress was nothing to what yours sounds like and I'm so excited for you. How will you wear your hair? Down and wavy or up and elegant? (Feel free to join in this conversation, FrankGrimes, and get in touch with your inner Priss. :P )

Good evening, Cinderella -- hey i think all men look handsome in a tuxedo. i think you should try one on...i bet my imaginary friend would think you are handsome in it too....and a little tea never hurts anyone, it better not by the amount that sweet april and i drink. heehee!

A tux is one thing, but the frilly doily things with the high stockings is another.

The thought of me at some English ball is straight torture. A day of Mozart? I might be able to survive that. Might. Just don't make me watch prissy films.

heehee! thats funny. i wouldnt ever climb rocks in this gown! i wear my workout clothes to do that silly. i think i would freeze in this gown while skiing too. what do you mean by sighing at me like that? thats my job! heehee!

I'm rolling my eyes.

its black by the way. i looooove the style of it, b/c it was soooooo 30s, but they didnt have it in any other color. there was a blue dress that i would rather have gotten, but the front was a v-neck and a little too low. heehee!

Black? What are you, a femme fatale?

What's wrong with a plunging v-neck? Nothing, that's what.

the sleeves are a sash with silver beads stretching across my shoulders and chest and hanging down in the back. its so pretty, just like something loretta young would have worn in The Unguarded Hour or something from one of her movies with ty power. im a happy little trooper. heehee!

And does your Jane Austen crown read "Prissy Princess"? :P

Prissy!

that makes me giggle! my other grandma used to call me little miss prissy all the time....it still slips up every once in a while. heehee!

If the slipper fits...

Bonjour, Evil Stepsister -- (Feel free to join in this conversation, FrankGrimes, and get in touch with your inner Priss. :P )

My strapless dress would be ruby red to match my Coop lipstick.

How will you wear your hair? Down and wavy or up and elegant?

I vote for Sweet T to wear her hair down and wavy! :D Veronica Lake!

A tux is one thing, but the frilly doily things with the high stockings is another.

did i say you had to wear doily things with high stockings? on second thought....april that might be a great way of humiliating the dutchman! heehee!

i am getting blakc opera gloves to go with them. i have always wanted opera gloves! heehee! just like greer!

The thought of me at some English ball is straight torture. A day of Mozart? I might be able to survive that. Might. Just don't make me watch prissy films.

okay mozart wont work.......i call for making him watch Pride and Prejudice! maybe a little mozart, some strauss, a little bach, a bit of mischa with helen mirren here and there. heehee!

I'm rolling my eyes.

KISS MY GRITS! heehee! that line gets me every time!

Black? What are you, a femme fatale?

What's wrong with a plunging v-neck? Nothing, that's what

the idea of even asking that question! a femme fatale? who do you think i am gloria grahame? heehee! a plunging y-neck is a little too reveling for me. it isnt quite my cuppa tea silly.

And does your Jane Austen crown read "Prissy Princess"?

okay the crown would be overdoing it a little. heehee! i dont need a tiara until i go to the ball with you. heehee! then you will have to bow to me and watch all my prissy films. heehee!

*My strapless dress would be ruby red to match my Coop lipstick.*

okay that was so funny! i cant stop laughing. hey i dont think you would look half bad in that actually. ;)

I'm still laughing!

My dress was nothing to what yours sounds like and I'm so excited for you. How will you wear your hair? Down and wavy or up and elegant? (Feel free to join in this conversation, FrankGrimes, and get in touch with your inner Priss. :P )

im laughing with you. heehee!

i dont know about the hair yet. im still thinking. heehee! ill let ya know, dahlink! frankie DOES have a strong inner priss, doesnt he?

did i say you had to wear doily things with high stockings? on second thought....april that might be a great way of humiliating the dutchman! heehee!

I'd run to the roof with John Doe.

i am getting blakc opera gloves to go with them. i have always wanted opera gloves! heehee! just like greer!

Black gloves! All right! Black gloves are a must for a femme fatale. You don't want to leave fingerpints after you kill your man.

okay mozart wont work.......i call for making him watch Pride and Prejudice! maybe a little mozart, some strauss, a little bach, a bit of mischa with helen mirren here and there. heehee!

Why don't you sing me some Celine Dion while you're at it?

I'm rolling my eyes.

KISS MY GRITS! heehee! that line gets me every time!

:D

What's wrong with a plunging v-neck? Nothing, that's what

the idea of even asking that question! a femme fatale? who do you think i am gloria grahame? heehee! a plunging y-neck is a little too reveling for me. it isnt quite my cuppa tea silly.

Ohh, that's right, you're not graduating from Finishing School like someone else.

And does your Jane Austen crown read "Prissy Princess"?

okay the crown would be overdoing it a little. heehee! i dont need a tiara until i go to the ball with you. heehee! then you will have to bow to me and watch all my prissy films. heehee!

Is that what you have learned from your trashy Jane Austen books and films? Us guys are to bow down to you and the priss?

My strapless dress would be ruby red to match my Coop lipstick.

okay that was so funny! i cant stop laughing. hey i dont think you would look half bad in that actually.

You better stay away from me at the ball. I wouldn't want to upstage you.

Hi ya MissGoddess,

hamradio and i were just going over this and i believe that this year it is Citizen Cane that was voted best movie at least on TCMs poll....i thought it was GWTW to and it was but not this year....and we were talking about how silly it is they keep changing it every year...UGH..anyway just thought id let u know...

AvaG :-)

Hi AvaG! I'm not surprised about that, CitK is highly thought of and I can understand it's making it to the top spot, though it's not my favorite. However, the original Harris Poll that this thread refers to is much broader based than the TCM poll, and it concluded that more people voted for GWTW than any other as Americans' favorite movie. Tara rules! :D

> {quote:title=AvaG92260 wrote:}{quote}

> Hi ya MissGoddess!

>

> oh ok cool..so this is a diffrent poll..and wooohoooooo...I LOVE GWTW! So there...lol....its definitly my all time fav! Nothings like my girl Vivian Leigh as Scarlett!! ty for that hun.

>

> AvaG! :-)

Hi Ava! If I haven't said so before, you've got great taste gal! :)

Not a bad idea, right Princess Tea?

heehee! of course not! i love playing dress up!

love the greer pic dahlink! you could make anything look gorgeous! just like viv could. viv maed those GWTW costumes look ravishing! i dont think any other actress could have looked better in that movie in those dresses! you kinda think of them as her style. ;)

Look into my eyes, Frank, I've got Pyewacket with me. You are sitting in front of your television set eating chocolate popcorn (for that girly "sweet-and-sour" craving-fix) and sobbing over LOVE STORY.

http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2709952512/tt0066011http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2709952512/tt0066011http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2709952512/tt0066011http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2709952512/tt0066011http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2709952512/tt0066011

I'd run to the roof with John Doe.

well dont forget your dress on the way out! heehee! no really, please dont go! we need someone to drown in the chocolate!

Black gloves! All right! Black gloves are a must for a femme fatale. You don't want to leave fingerpints after you kill your man.

im not a feeme fatale! i wouldnt kill anyone.....i wouldnt know how. heehee!

Why don't you sing me some Celine Dion while you're at it?

hey! i like celine! she has a beautiful voice and you like it and you know it!

Ohh, that's right, you're not graduating from Finishing School like someone else.

let's not put too fine a point on it shall we? sweet april didnt come from finishing school!

Is that what you have learned from your trashy Jane Austen books and films? Us guys are to bow down to you and the priss?

oh yes didnt you know? heehee! if you are to go with me and april to the ball, you should learn these rules! heehee!

You better stay away from me at the ball. I wouldn't want to upstage you.

thats not very nice.

Okay,okay folks...I was just going to skim over a couple of posts and not really post anything because I don't really have a lot of available time to 'get into anything', but I just have to defend "Pride and Prejudice" and basically anything Jane Austen.

As far as GWTW goes,it is way up there on my list as one of my favorite movies.It is as sacred to me as my southern roots.

im not a feeme fatale! i wouldnt kill anyone.....i wouldnt know how. heehee!

Oh, no? What about this:

we need someone to drown in the chocolate!

You only want the gloves so that you don't get chocolate on your princessy hands.

sweet april didnt come from finishing school!

I don't know where your pretend doll went to school, but I know the Goddess was head of her class at Finishing School.

oh yes didnt you know? heehee! if you are to go with me and april to the ball, you should learn these rules! heehee!

searchers179-2.jpg