Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Upcoming Releases On DVD

I found it enjoyable although some people might not like it. Here's a description from Amazon:

What do you do when you have a beautiful house, two great children, and a Marriage on the Rocks? If you're bored Val Edwards (Deborah Karr), you swap your fuddy-duddy hubby Dan (Frank SInatra) for his swingin' bachelor best friend Ernie (Dean Martin) - and watch the spraks fly. Ol' Blue Eyes breezes through this romantic comedy romp at the head of an all-star cast. Along for the laughs are frequent Sinatra co-stars Martin, Cesar Romero, and Tony Bill, plud daughter Nancy Sinatra and Kerr. The fun starts when the Edwards take a second honeymoon in Mexico and fall into the hands of the quickie-divorce/quickie-marriage lawyer Romero. Faster then jumping beans, everybody's unhitched, rehitched, confused, confounded, and cohabitating. But Dan has the right attitude. "We had a bad marriage", he says. "Let's have a happy divorce!"

Midnight 4/22/2008

16591957.jpg

I've been wanted to run up an all-purpose thread for dvd releases Mets, I'm glad you started it. I do have good news about one of my all time wants, Little Dorrit is to be released shortly, at least within the next couple of months or so. However, it may only be released in Region 2, but I did hear from one of my other 'wanter' friends that it should be Region 0, which will play stateside.

Now here is some good news!

431 : The Thief of Bagdad

SRP: $39.95 Two Discs

Synopsis

The Thief of Bagdad, legendary producer Alexander Korda's Arabian Nights marvel, is one of the most spectacular fantasy films ever made, an eye-popping effects pioneer brimming with imagination and technical wizardry. When Prince Ahmad (John Justin) is blinded and cast out of Bagdad by the nefarious Jaffar (Conrad Veidt), he joins forces with the scrappy thief Abu (the incomparable Sabu, in his definitive role) to win back his royal position, as well as the heart of a beautiful princess (June Duprez). With its luscious Technicolor, vivid sets, and unprecedented visual wonders, The Thief of Bagdad has charmed viewers of all ages for decades.

Special Features

* - SPECIAL EDITION DOUBLE-DISC SET FEATURES:

* - Restored digital transfer

* - Two audio commentaries: one featuring renowned directors Francis Ford Coppola and Martin Scorsese, and one with film and music historian Bruce Eder

* - New interviews with special-effects experts Ray Harryhausen, Dennis Muren, and Craig Barron about the technical achievements of The Thief of Bagdad

* - The Lion Has Wings (1940), Alexander Korda's propaganda film for the English war effort, during The Thief of Bagdad's production hiatus

* - Excerpts from codirector Michael Powell's audio dictations for his autobiography

* - Selections of music by composer Miklos R?zsa not used in the final film

* - Stills gallery featuring rare Dufaycolor images of the film's production

* - Theatrical trailer

* - PLUS: A booklet featuring new essays by film scholars Andrew Moor and Ian Christie

There will also be a couple of Malle films released in May, and I believe both have been shown on TCM recently.

Marriage on the Rocks does look great...is dean martin really that much more exciting than "huddy-duddy" frank sinatra though? i guess i will have to see and ind out.

by the way, as you can see i'm new to the forum...i didn't see an introduction thread so HI EVERYONE!

cheers.

Yay - more Popeye on it's way!

Title: Popeye the Sailor

Starring: N/A (Animation)

Released: 17th June 2008

SRP: $34.98

Further Details:

Warner Home Video has announced Popeye the Sailor: 1938-1940 Volume Two which includes 31 uncut and remastered shorts. The 2-disc package will be available to own from the 17th June, and should retail at around $34.98. Extras will include commentaries, Popeye Popumentary featurettes, an Out of the Inkwell: The Fleischer Story retrospective documentary, the feature-length movie Gulliver's Travels, vintage audio recordings, radio interviews, and more.

Disc #1

1. I Yam Love Sick

2. Plumbing Is A Pipe

3. The Jeep

4. Bulldozing The Bull

5. Mutiny Ain?t Nice

6. Goonland

7. A Date To Skate

8. Cops Is Always Right

9. Customers Wanted

10. ALADDIN AND HIS WONDERFUL LAMP

11. Leave Well Enough Alone

12. Wotta Nitemare

13. Ghosks Is The Bunk

14. Hello, How Am I

15. It?s The Natural Thing To Do

Disc #2

1. Never Sock A Baby

2. Shalespearian Spinach

3. Females Is Fickle

4. Stealin? Ain?t Honest

5. Me Feelin?s Is Hurt

6. Onion Pacific

7. Wimmin Is A Myskery

8. Nurse-Mates

9. Fightin? Pals

10. Doin? Impossikible Stunts

11. Wimmin Hadn?t Oughta Drive

12. Puttin On The Act

13. Popeye Meets William Tell

14. My Pop, My Pop

15. With Poopdeck Pappy

16. Popeye Presents Eugene The Jeep

Thanks to everyone for the info you've provided. Silentfan, if you like The Smurfs I think the first season is coming out next month.

Barabbas 3/4/2008

8712618.jpg

The Tender Trap 5/13/2008

The Big Trail 5/13/2008

She Done Him Wrong 4/22/2008

16591216.jpg

101 Dalmatians Platinum Edition hits the DVD shelves on March 4, 2008, but you can get a glimpse of this DVD right now. We have an exclusive clip of one of the special features from this new DVD. Click below to watch this video you can't see anywhere else.

http://www.movieweb.com/dvd/news/40/26840.php

This Disney animated classic is based on the children's story by Dodie Smith. The story involves the canine pets of a struggling composer and his wife: Dalmatians Pongo (male) and Perdita (female). Perdita gives birth to fifteen spotted pups, cuing the entrance of the scheming Cruella De Vil. She demands that the dogs' owners sell her the pups, but she is shown the door instead. Under cover of night, Cruella arranges for the pups to be stolen. The human police are baffled, but the "dog network" is alerted by Pongo and sent to rescue the pups. It is discovered that Cruella has been rounding up every Dalmatian she can get her hands on, hoping to use their pelts to make one spectacular fur coat. The dogs rescue the 15 pups, plus 86 others stolen by Ms. DeVil. After an eventful escape, the 101 Dalmatians make their way home--whereupon the composer pens a hit tune, "Dalmatian Plantation". 101 Dalmatians represents the Disney animation staff at its very best, and as a bonus introduces the world to Cruella De Vil, one of the greatest movie villains--cartoon or "real"--of all time.

Special Features

- Disney's Virtual Dalmatians: Adopt, name, train and care for your very own virtual puppy where there are over 101 possibilities.

- Puppy Profiler: Find out which dog you're most like!

- 101 Pop-Up Trivia Facts For The Family & Collector: Discover 202 amazing things You Never Knew about the movie as you watch it - with 101 pop up facts for the family and 101 for the collector

- All-New "Cruella De Vil" Music Video: The classic song "Cruella De Vil" gets a contemporary twist when multitalented teen Disney Channel star Selena Gomez performs the song in a brand new video!

- Redefining The Line: The Making Of 101 Dalmatians: 101 Dalmatians is considered by critics to be one of the best and most innovative Disney animated films. Go behind the scenes with its creators to find out about everything - including the technological innovation of the Xerox process in animation.

- Cruella De Vil: Drawn To Be Bad: Inspired by flamboyant actress Tallulah Bankhead, Cruella De Vil has become a villain that movie fans love to hate. Marc Davis, an animation legend and one of Disney's immortal "Nine Old Men" reveals how this iconic character came to be.

- Sincerely Yours, Walt Disney: Experience Walt Disney and Dodie Smith's (author of the book The Hundred and One Dalmatians) actual correspondence during the movie's production.

- Deleted Songs: Songs written for the film - finally come to life!

Thanks

Movieweb.com